1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Late Night Chat Thread!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Apr 10, 2014.

Random Gallery Photos

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Ok, it's 11:30 Central time and there are like 1200 people on the site right now and about 50 members in the last 30 minutes.

Get on GMTC much late at night? :)

What's everyone up to?
  2. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Went to bed:lol: Whats the chances of getting a mini chat box back again??? I think some people are not around anymore since that left. Not sure of the statistical use of one but if its not that hard to manage I think it would add to our community a little more member connectivity.
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Virtually no one ever used the chat box, like 1 out of ever 2,500 members. Now, that 1 person REALLY liked it, but most of the chat software packages that fit into the forum easily really have big security holes, and in fact one of the times that we got hacked it was due to a hole in the chat software that allowed for the hackers to do their thing.

On another note, we started to get hit really hard last night with GROUP spam. Yeah, how about that? Had about 50 fake users log in all at the same time and posted pharm spam to the groups. Sigh, we've got auto-moderation on, so they can't really do anything that will be seen by people, but they keep at it.
  4. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

@Steve Are we sure the "Who's Online Now" thingy is working correctly? As someone pointed out already, everyday it says that day was when the most people were online. The guest viewer number could be flubbed as well.
  5. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Yeah no sense in risking security for it. The one vbulletin based forum Im apart of has a chat box that the moderators have to give permision in order for the members to see it. But that would be a pain here. Not sure what chat box style it is but they give and take permision away all the time there when there are trouble members. Was just a thought.
  6. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

This brings up a good question, but it is beating a dead horse, The site tells you how many people are viewing it as guests, and how many members are logged in.

The way I see it is if you have 2,500 people "view" the site as a guest, they should not be counted in with the "50" members that were logged in, of which, there were many times that 12-20 "members" were logged in and using chat at a given time.

I use the site less because chat is gone. Most of us in this area have moved to face to face meetings at different places because the loss of chat has made given this site less of a community feel to it.
  7. 66 chevyman

66 chevyman New Member 100 Posts

Latest I was on this forum was 9:00 PM Pacific time...Its 5:40 as of now.
  8. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

It's 1am Eastern and I am on.