Latest mod: 30-foot Travel Trailer

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Stargazer, May 25, 2009.

1. Stargazer

Stargazer Rockstar

Hey, everyone! I haven't been around here for awhile but I thought I would pop in a give a little update about the latest mod for our Denali:

[​IMG]

We been spending the past month looking at all sorts of different trailers that would suit our family of 7 (5 kids aged 10 and under) and finally decided on this one yesterday. Considering the quality of materials and design, we got what we thought was a good deal on a brand new 2009 model. It's just under 30' long and has a GVWR of 7000 lb. There are sleeping accommodations for 9 but more realistically 7 adults. We specifically chose one without a slide.

We've done long road trips in the past but I've never towed anything in my life so it's going to be an adventure for me learning all the ins and outs--lots of searching and reading! Both my wife and I have the entire summer off this year so we want to get out as much as we can. It will be nice having our own portable "hotel room" and not have to worry packing and unpacking 5 suitcases every day!

Last edited: May 26, 2009
  2. meash20

meash20 Rockstar

hrm, do I have a setting wrong for some reason it seems I never see the photos...

3. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

No pics to be seen here either.

4. Stargazer

Stargazer Rockstar

Sorry about the pic problem. Is it fixed now?

5. SoCal Chevy

SoCal Chevy Rockstar 100 Posts

i used to tow our 20ft boat with my dads jeep cherokee in the summers. i learnd to make verry verry wide turns after almost destrtoying the trailer lol

6. bcoffman

bcoffman Rockstar 100 Posts

Congrats on the new trailer. We have a 30ft trailer also and we love it, we use ours about 30 night a summer. My advice is get weight distribution bars and a sway bar. don't pull in O.D. To help save your breaks on steep hills I learned in a School bus driver class to apply brakes to slow down to 5mph under your desired speed let off till your need to apply agian this lets your brakes cool.We like the idea of sleeping in our own beds with sheets we know are clean and the kids love to go camping even at 13 & almost 16 years old. We always take our car and look sat campsites before we mess with taking the travel trailer. Enjoy, it is a great investment for your family.

7. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Nice digs! I agree with B; do the WD bars, and learn to use them.

We, too, are seven, with a 26 footer, and we have a blast. The only thing I can suggest is to check your tow rating. On another forum, I read that you'll (we) could be over load capacity once the trailer and everybody is loaded up.

We hit the scales at the truck stop before our first trip last year, just for sng, and WOW! I just drive a little slower;)

Good luck and enjoy,

D

8. meash20

meash20 Rockstar

Nice lookin' rig! We've got a 27' travel trailer for our 4 soon to be 5 kids and us! Love the camping... I'm with B. we like having our own stuff and it is cheaper for us with the big family even with High Gas prices!

Invest in the weight distribution, I don't need it for leveling with my 2500'burb, but it makes a bug difference in the sway and wind control. We came back from camping this morning in a pouring rain. Love the 'burb ...

-matt-

9. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

7, 7, 6 1/2.... there is something seriously wrong with us:happy:

10. meash20

meash20 Rockstar

Ours are:

7,7,5,2, Due Oct 2nd...

Tell me about it..