1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Leak under carpet in extended portion... and it's freezing up!

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by boris_thespider, Dec 14, 2010.

1. boris_thespider

boris_thespider New Member

There appears to be water leaking up under the carpet in the back seat area of my 2008 extended cab. It's in the center... right behind the cup holder. At first, it looked like something had been spilled on the carpet. It was about 2 inches in diameter and it was hard. When I was trying to clean it, I noticed that it was frozen (it's only 18 degrees here in western New York). So, I got out the wife's hair dryer and a rag to thaw it out and clean it up. There was no smell or residue as it thawed. It appeared to be just water and after about 15 minutes with the hair dryer, the hard, icy spot was gone and the carpet is dry. Has anyone ever had a spot leak under the carpet in the center of the floor like this? How did the dealer fix the problem? Thanks...

Mike

2. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

NEVER MIND,,,,thought about my truck..sorry

EVRYBODY ELSE IS PROBABLY CORRECT !!!!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  3. boris_thespider

boris_thespider New Member

I would think that there would be hot air ducts coming from the front.

4. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I had the same problem, but the water was closer to the doors rather than the middle of the truck. It turned out my 3rd brake light was leaking when it rained. Replaced under warranty.

5. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

And or else the rear window isnt seated properly and leaking.. There isnt a heater core for the extended or crew cab trucks just ducting to the rear.

6. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

I would think that your dealer would run a high pressure water test on the cab of the truck to find the leak.They found a pinhole on the gasket around my windshield on my Uplander by checking for leaks this way.