1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Leaking... again...

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by Conlan Rose, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts

I really need help with this because this will be my first major repair on the truck DIY style. I'm also wondering if there is anyone nearby that may be able to help out or get me access to a lift. My main question is moving the tranny. How do I do it? Everything else seems straight forward except the tranny removal/moving part.
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I don't think that you actually have to remove the trans. You should be able to unbolt it and slide it back enough. Last time I did it I used a floor jack with a piece of wood across the top. I jacked it up so it was centered on the trans pan, then take the bolts out and roll it back a little (you will need help with this). I suggest that you go pick up a manual at a parts store so you have some guidance. From what I remember, you have to remove the bolts from the flywheel that hold the torque converter to the motor and all the bell housing bolts.
  3. Conlan Rose

Thanks [MENTION=51590]Pikey[/MENTION], I do have a manual for the truck its just very vague because it covers several models. I will try what u said, but do I need to remove bolts on the tranny mount to move the transmission back?
  4. Conlan Rose

Bought the oil pan gasket kit, rear main seal, oil, and filter.
    The pan gasket is fairly intense its over a 1/4 inch thick and doesn't need the RTV sealant. The pan kit came with filter to block adapter gaskets as well, some nifty pan holders, and some instructions.

As always I got the Fram Tough Guard filter, but did not get the high mileage oil just the regular Pennzoil Synthetic.
    2012-10-05_17-36-28_200.jpg
    Here's what I got.

2012-10-05_17-33-19_319.jpg
    The kit opened up.

2012-10-05_17-33-26_309.jpg
    The oil and filter. The extra bottle is for emergencies/right now because I'm still leaking oil like a mother.

2012-10-05_17-33-42_336.jpg
    The pan gasket, rear main seal, and filter adapters.

2012-10-05_17-33-58_571.jpg
    Snap-on pan holders should make this a lot easier.
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  5. Conlan Rose

Ok tomorrow morning the truck goes under the knife and gets fixed. If any one else has any advice please do tell now so I have time to read it and such. Thank everyone for the help I will take pictures as I go.
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  6. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Good luck.
  7. Conlan Rose

I can't get the front drive shaft off at all the bolts on the t-case side just wont come off any advice.
  8. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Can you take it off at the front diff U-joint and leave it attached to the T case?
  9. Conlan Rose

No it doesn't seem to come off at only the front I tried that first.
  10. Conlan Rose

The main thing is having it not turn well working on it please some one help i need it now the truck isnt in driveable condition currently and needs to be fixed.