Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Leaking Antifreeze

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by 913projectchevy, Nov 18, 2009.

1. 913projectchevy

913projectchevy New Member

Leaking antifreeze from it looks like oil pan. already replaced water pump, hose and hoses. I also replaced the thermostat. Can anyone help? Anybody have any ideas?

2. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Borrow or buy yourself a coolant system pressure tester. You should be able to isolate the leak. Search the forums for info. You could have a leak at back of the engine. Heater hose, or intake manifold.

3. MrShorty

MrShorty Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You might get a more specific answer if you tell us what year/engine you are working on.

4. reaper

reaper New Member

you could also have a freeze plug or block heater leaking..What part of pan are you looking at?

5. azdrtdog

azdrtdog Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

You might be seeing the coolant running off oil pan but all bet its running down from something overlooked. If you can borrow a pres. tester that would your best bet

6. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

On a '96 w/350R engine I had there was a coolant leak at the back of the intake manifold. It ran down the back side of the engine. I don't know if it is the same as yours, but that is where mine was.

7. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have the same story as retired2001.

My 1998 was leaking from the intake mainfold dripping backward so it looked like it was coming from the oil pan.

Intake manifold gasket leaks are EXTREMELY COMMON in the GM small blocks and some say on all GMs with the Dexcool.

It is a 6-8 hours DIY job, or close to $800 to have a shop do it.The gasket kit is about $70 online.

Make sure you use the latest "fancy brand" gasket kit.Search here and you'll find the right number. It is a really common gasket company-the name just escapes me now.I think there is a 58000 in the number.

Charlie

8. extibra09

extibra09 New Member

Take it back immediatly. Unless you hate your car, in wich case, let it keep leaking and sue jiffy lube for a new engine.