1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Learn the Creed?

Discussion in 'Military & Vets' started by rileyjr16, Jun 12, 2012.

1. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

As some one else mentioned learn the General Orders also. That is something that came up every time we were in formation (USMC boot camp 93). Those are fairly easy. I still remember most of them still to this day.
  2. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Not a chance in hell :lol:

I do know it, it's everyone else who doesn't. They keep throwing un-needed "ands" in there and it screws me up.
  3. SupplySgt

SupplySgt Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Bulldog is right about not standing out in either way. I stayed completely under the radar at basic (to the point where my drill sgt asked if I had been in that platoon the whole cycle which I had) until we hit the rifle ranges. My mom's side of the family (almost all military) had taught me the military way of shooting and I excelled to the point that everybody in the company (as far as cadre went) knew my name. I kept my nose clean so it wasn't a huge issue. But their expectations of me in the field went way up. Luckily I thrive on that type of thing. I've always had a lot expected of me so I'm used to it.

Speaking of the NCO creed, I plan on using it when I interview for team leader at my civilian job. If anything gives me an edge it'll be that and my leadership experience from the military.