Leather seat care??

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by cgyryder, Mar 18, 2013.

1. cgyryder

cgyryder New Member

I just bought a new GMC 3/4 ton diesel. Leather seats! It's a nice truck, really like it.

How do you recommend cleaning the leather seats? We have a couple ankle biter little dogs, they jumped in the other day with wet feet and left tracks everywhere. My wife used a wet wipe to clean it, worked fine but not sure if the soap in those things is going to damage the leather in the long run. Seems like there should be a better way.

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I use Interior Products from Adams Polishes, and I've been very pleased with their Interior Cleaner and Conditioners on my Leather interior in my Truck, also they have "How to Video's" on using their products.......and last Adams is a Sponsoring Vendor here on the Site,

Link
    http://www.adamspolishes.com/c-18-interior-care.aspx

3. Stephenz

Stephenz New Member

Thanks for nice ideas i also found that using a soft bristle brush (horse hair in my case) and a mild hand soap solution prior to the lexol application really helps.

4. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

I use a microfiber towel and water to clean the seats. After that I use those Armor All leather wipes. It does a very nice job.