1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Leather Seat Covers or Conversion Kits

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by TimTom64b, Jul 28, 2013.

1. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

Now that most of my mechanical upgrades are done... I am looking at focusing in the interior. Has anyone done a leather conversion to your seats? If so did you do it yourself? I am a do it yourself guy... and really like the katzkins products but do not know if they sell the kits to anyone who is not a licensed installer.

Also, what is everyones thoughts/experiences with leather seat covers? do they fit snuggl

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Ive used Katzkins and a few other brand replacement seat skins on a vehicles, my preference is Katzkins.
    They always fit correctly, Ive never had a bad fit with them.
    Quality and wear has aleays been superior to other kits.
    The only complaint I have is price, but I guess you have to pay for quality.

3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Tom......x2 on going with Katzkin, I Bought and Installed my Katzkin Interior for my Truck last year, and I Could Not Be Any More Pleased with the Fitment of this Interior...and the ease of the install.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Looks like they do very good quality stuff, just did some surfing on the web and came across quite a few happy customers, looks like a great install below.

07silveradokatzkin1.jpg
    07silveradokatzkin2.jpg

5. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

Thanks for all the input... looks like katzkins are the way Im going... now to just save th $$$.

6. truc.karl

truc.karl Member

How about Wet Okole covers? Does anyone have experience with this brand?

7. Hawn13

Hawn13 New Member

Had these on a CJ7 that I had in High school they worked great on keeping water off the seat. Fitment was good also with the top off all the times it helped keeping the seat somewhat cool the jeep had those old vinyl seats that were hot as hell when the sun would just touch it for 5 mins.This was 20 years ago dont know about how quality is now

8. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I have not laid hand on the katzkin yet, anyone know what mill the leather is, they do look like the best offering out there at this time. also the side air bags are still operable if I am thinking correctly? They cost some bucks, but they are on my truck bucket list.