led bed rail lights conecting to cargo light switch

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by savagetman, Sep 15, 2013.

1. savagetman

savagetman Member

well iv got my truxedo B-light kit now im just waiting for the switch and excesories for it to arive. And u are right after doing some resurch and then pulling the over head concel down, that style of rocker switch would be very hard to fit if not right impossible, if u used a smaller and round style it could be done, but then u would not have such a sexy switch to ooogale :eek:h::eek:h: at .lol i ordered the switch with green upper led and amber lower for when its on, hoping it will match the dash lights or at least be close.

2. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Im thinking of mounting some above where I turn the passenger airbag on and off. Not too sure yet how a switch would look there but it would be for the bed lights that I'll probably wind up installing later in life.

3. savagetman

savagetman Member

got my switch in the mail today :happy:, cant wait for the weekend so i can get it mounted and the bed lights set up, going to be a long week with having to wait.

4. savagetman

savagetman Member

got the lights mounted just have to finish wiring them ill take pics when im done wiring them

5. savagetman

savagetman Member

well i did not have the time this week to finish wiring the lights:grrrrrr:, so i had my local GM dealer do it for me:whip:, they wired them in to the cargo light switch, and and bcm. bed lights come on with the turn of the cargo light switch and on and off with the exterior lights when i press the button on my fob. ill take pic later tonight and will be watching for any issues over the next couple off days to see in they go on and off on there own or stay on when they sould not.

- - - Updated - - -

PA110007.jpg
    iv also notticed that the bed lights come on when i open the door and go off with the door closed and if i press the button to turn off the dome light they do not come on.

6. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

savagetman,

That's too bad that you did not have the chance to this week to finish wiring the lights and had to visit your local dealership. I understand that you are concern that there may be an issue with the lights after your visit at the dealership. Please private message me if I can be of any assistance.

Regards,

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care

7. savagetman

savagetman Member

no issues just letting everyone know how they are working when wired to the factory headlight/cargolight switch by a GM teck, since there was an post before with one of the members having trouble when he tied it him self.

8. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

[MENTION=51713]savagetman[/MENTION]

Curiosity is killing me, how much did the dealer charge you to wire those lights up?

9. savagetman

savagetman Member

well it was 2 hours at shop rate: 135hr + taxes so all said and done $332.00. a bit expencive but since it was wired by a gm dealer, does not void my warrnty.

10. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

savagetman,

I do apologize I misread that you wrote and thought you had a concern with your lights. I am glad that you were only informing other members how the lights are working now.

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care