LED Color changing turn signals

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by JRD761, Nov 23, 2013.

1. JRD761

JRD761 Rockstar 100 Posts

I've seen cars that have Color Changing LED Turn Signals and I think they'd look pretty good in my truck...
    They basically stay White when the running/parking lights are on, then change to Orange when you activate the turn signals.

Does anyone know where I can find these? Or does anyone have experience with a brand that works pretty good?

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I think they are called switchback leds. If you google them I am sure you will find a source or others will recommend one. I have heard not to use the load resistors required, just to buy the special flasher they sell. I am also interested in these

3. BRB46

BRB46 Rockstar Gold Member 100 Posts

Those are cool. I wonder if they are DOT approved. Couldn't really tell how bright the white side was. Likely wouldn't pass state inspection here.

4. Rocketmanh5

Rocketmanh5 Rockstar 100 Posts

I dont want to refer you away from these forums so I'll try and piece something together for you later tonight if I get off early. On our trucks (nnbs) it requires a few things and some splicing. And as Pikey said it is called Switchback. I wish someone would come out with a plug and play bulb that would stay white during running applications (low draw) and turn amber during high draw. I hate cutting on harnesses...

5. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I thought there were some SMD lights they call them that you can just plug in and get what your trying to do..I have an SMD light in my rear license plate light and could have sworn they sold white/amber signal ones also.

6. JRD761

JRD761 Rockstar 100 Posts

Thanks for the help guys.

Does anyone have a preference to or experience with any particular brand?