1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Led dome and under dash lights

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by Jaele, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Jaele

Jaele Rockstar 100 Posts

So my wife took the baby out today and I had some free time. Decided to make some LED dome lights and under dash lights. I think they came out pretty good I'll have to get some pictures up tomorrow when the little one is sleeping. The under dash lights fade off just like the dome lights. Next project is LED blinkers for my tow mirrors, shouldn't be long just waiting for the LEDs to arrive.

Went out in the rain, figured they would look better taken at night.

DSC_0656.jpg DSC_0657.jpg DSC_0658.jpg DSC_0659.jpg DSC_0662.jpg

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  2. sevi084x4

sevi084x4 Rockstar 100 Posts

Looking good man. :great:

3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Nice job! You should complete your signature information so that others know what type of vehicle you have, year, etc. It will be helpful, especially to those who have similar vehicles as yours.

4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That looks sharp!

5. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

So you said you made these? Very cool, I'd be interested in learning how to do something like this. It looks like you used the original bulb, opened it, and hooked up the LEDs. I would think this would be a fairly cheap project if you buy the components separately. Nice job, I'm sure you find the LEDs to be brighter than the original bulbs?

6. Jaele

Jaele Rockstar 100 Posts

Actually I used 1/4in clear tubing, I already had the LEDs and resistors and wiring.

7. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Those look great. :sign0173:

8. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I did that and I like it. WAY MORE LIGHT now but I went with blue for a calmer effect. Looks great

9. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I love the look of that and would love to do the same on my truck. Sadly, I'm not sure I'd be comfortable messing with it myself. I'd be really interested in seeing a How To posted on that if you were ever so inclined to write one up.

10. Jaele

Jaele Rockstar 100 Posts

I think I could do a quick write up in the next few days