Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Led dome and under dash lights

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by Jaele, Mar 15, 2012.

1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

A guide would be a positive asset to the site and the community. If you elect to put in the effort make sure you also put it in the proper section of the forum so it can be found fairly readily. :)

2. gatormike69

gatormike69 Rockstar 100 Posts

Looks good. Are there different intensities for the LED bulbs available? Would you be able to use four instead of three? Make sure to add a note about the polarity of the LED's. I'm sure a quick write-up with the specs on the bulbs and resistors and what it may cost from the local electronic shop (probably radio shack) would be great. I know what they are charging for LED replacement bulbs and these are bound to be less expensive.
    Thanks

3. Jaele

Jaele Rockstar 100 Posts

Once the weather lets up some i am going to remove it and take some pictures, by the looks of it tomorrow is only suppose to be cloudy then its suppose to rain until sunday. As for radio shack.. ugh haha they have a crappy selection of LEDs best place is the internet for LEDs and Frys for the resistors.

My red LEDs for the mirror signal are suppose to be here on the 30th and i am hoping to get that project started soon after.

4. Jaele

Jaele Rockstar 100 Posts

sorry it took so long but the how to is finely posted.

5. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Not the best pictures but here is my interior LEDs. :glasses:

Clean interiorrs 011.JPG Clean interiorrs 004.JPG

6. Jaele

Jaele Rockstar 100 Posts

Nice color choice. I will probably redo mine. When I made those I already had the cool white LEDs and everything else but the tubing.

Did you make yours or purchase them. If you made them can you post a few pics of the actually bulb you made/modified?

7. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hi Jaele, i bought my LEDs and they are 5000K white except the floor strips are blue. My truck already had the floor board lights so it was easy to wire them. I think your LEDs are great they look good work and you saved some money, can't beat that. I buy all my LEDs through V-LEDs they have been great. http://www.v-leds.com :glasses:

8. Jaele

Jaele Rockstar 100 Posts

You should try and make some. I know you don't need them but its fun =p maybe you can make them for a friend. single LEDs are around 20 cents and resistors are around 10 cents. I put some custom turn signals in my tow mirrors which are red atm but I ordered some amber ones and will be switching them out soon.