1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

LED Dome Lights: A OR B

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by ffdsmokeeater, Jul 22, 2012.

1. ffdsmokeeater

ffdsmokeeater Member

2. Salesguy1980

Salesguy1980 Rockstar 100 Posts

If it were me i'd get both of them, try them out and send the one you don't like back. Worst case it isn't a ton of money to worry about. This way you can make sure you get what you like. I know some places charge a lot more for those

3. ffdsmokeeater

ffdsmokeeater Member

I ended up going with Option B (same cost due to free shipping). I'll post a review and let you know the results.

4. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'd go for B. If they don't work good get a high quality brand.

5. ffdsmokeeater

ffdsmokeeater Member

LED dome bulbs are in. I am happy with the light output. They are definitely brighter than the stock bulbs. Also, they are a true white color (5000K). Overall, I am very happy with them and they were a cheap ($20) upgrade that looks incredible.

Only downfall was I must have over looked the length of the bulbs and ordered 34MM instead of 41MM. No a huge deal, was able to easily modify the prongs to hold the bulbs.

Here are some photos: ** Note: This is not a "true" comparison because I took the comparison photos all on the same side of the truck, and the bulbs were on opposite sides... but you get the gist. If I have time next week I plan to do a true comparison. Also, I took these photos with my phone and it doesn't have a good night time setting. When I do the full comparison, I'll use my digital camera.

20120726_205506.jpg 20120726_205539.jpg 20120726_205554.jpg LEDvsStock1.jpg LEDvsStock2.jpg LEDvsStock3.jpg LEDvsStock4.jpg

6. 2k8z71

2k8z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

Holy crap those are way bright. I just did mine with the 3 led's on each. Its bright and doesn't hurt my eyes which is what I really wanted. Here is a few photos for comparison (taken with iphone)
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

7. medicmatt

medicmatt Member 100 Posts

Looks good, nice job!

8. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Nice work.... I did mine 2 weeks ago :) from the pic's option "B" looked like it had 12 LED's not 6? :-( I have six LED's on mine and a 12 LED dome light would be nice.

9. sfdefender24

sfdefender24 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Looks great, thatll be something ill be changing out once i get home.. good job.

10. HidGuy

HidGuy New Member

Hi, My name is Kenny. I am new here but I wanted to welcome everyone to check out my website www.hidautovision.com We have LED Interior bulbs as well as HID Kits for all GM's and all other makes and models too!! If you have any questions let me know and I will definitely help you out.