1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

LED Headlight assemblies

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by aboston, Dec 22, 2009.

1. aboston

aboston New Member

I was checking out ebay earlier and saw some LED headlight assemblies on there. I couldn't tell if the actual headlights were LED or if it was just the parking lights. Anyone ever see these things in person or does anyone have some? I would love to see them in action if you have them installed.
  2. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 New Member

my dad has the LED projector ones on his 02 ram. the led is just parking lights i think. looks pretty cool either way.
  3. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 New Member

Yes, the LED's are just an aaccent light in the headlight... LED's don't have the proper output for head light ussage...
  4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

They do make 9005/9006 bulbs in LED tower form, but trust me they are not that bright. I saw a truck last year with them in, and the guy used them in the fog lights for accent lighting and that's about all there good for.