Led horrible fit and finish

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by tcwynn, Dec 9, 2008.

1. tcwynn

tcwynn New Member

just bought aftermarket led tail lights and the fit is horrible! At least a guarter inch gap around the side top and bottom. CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A SOLUTION TO THE GAP, MAYBE SOME KIND OF RUBBER MOLDING TO TIGHTEN THINGS UP:shocked:
  2. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab New Member

can you take a pic of it please, that will help us out in helping you. :glasses:
  3. retired

retired New Member

Take a ride to Home Depot and look at there door molding selection.
  4. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 New Member

I bet you got them from ebay...:neutral:
  5. daddytech

daddytech New Member

well since you are near where i was born up there (in Rimersburg) I'll tell you what I experienced....
    When I got my after market set for my truck they didn't fit right either and when I tried to make them fit right i snapped the retaining tab off of the set I bought and had to buy another set of lights. the problem is that the block the light bulbs mount into doesn't slide into the cutout that the factory lenses fit into. I had to cut out about 3/4 of an inch of metal out of one of the corners to get the lights I have to fit in properly. now they fit snug and tight just like the factory lenses. You might check and see if that is the issue with your set of lights too. it'll be easy to see if that's what is making the gap. Simply take out the retaining screws that hold the light in place and see if you can fit the back in the hole that is there already, if not you may have to trim away a little of the metal to make it where they sit properly.