GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

LED light mount

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by aloxdaddy99, Jan 26, 2013.

1. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Looks Very cool... I saw the dbl light they had in the Fog light hole.. Wounder if that would work in my fog light area..?
  3. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member

I think it would look better since the Avalanche has the rectangular openings. I read a write up some one had done on how they mounted the lights and thought it was almost to easy. While I was searching for the bar mount I found a thread on another forum where a guy replaced his stock round driving lights with a set of D2's. It was bright but I am not sure I liked they way it looked. Even though it replaced the useless stock ones with lights that throw a ton of light out.
  4. pmf608

pmf608 New Member

I have a similar but smaller LED light. I haven't installed it yet, but I built a metal bracket to mount it behind my grille from some steel bar stock I found at the hardware store. It's roughly 1" by 1/8". The chrome part of my truck's bumper has 2 tabs that extend toward the radiator with holes drilled in them. I was able to bolt my bracket to those holes. If your truck has similar tabs in the bumper or other parts with pre-drilled holes available, you could probably make your own bracket fairly easily. I used my flatdeck truck as a vice, and bent the bar to the correct shape by hand. Then I cut it to the right size and painted it black.
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

It's about damn time. And, sadly, there's still no offering for NBS trucks.

Before you order you might call them to find out if the bolts/nuts of the light bar are exposed/visible (as they are in that picture). I mention this because, if so, you might want to think about security nuts. After all, a $600.00 light bar that can be stolen easily in under 30 seconds with a few turns of a wrench at the front of your truck ... is easy pickings ... and asking to disappear. You know how it can be in some parts of this area...
  6. shibby2oo8

shibby2oo8 New Member

Looks good but remember, relays relays relays especially with lighting to save wires from overloading. Most car fires are dumba**es overloading swithes and connections for lights and sterios. Also a fuse if it doesnt come with the kit. The avg current load should be 75% of the fuse
  7. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member

[MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION] are you talking about the bolts on the end of the light?
    I have a few ideas of how to "secure" it.