1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

LED lightbar fix

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by Cheez, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Cheez

Cheez Rockstar 100 Posts

About a year ago I acquired a tailgate LED bar. After about a month of use, the right side went out. I took it apart, solder it back together and it functioned only as a running light. The right side was brighter than the left side until recently, I decided to fix it up.

I took it out, scraped the stock solder points and ran new wiring (no pictures). I never liked how the running lights were always on and when brakes were applied they got brighter. I disconnected the running lights and now it functions how I've always wanted it to.

Quick video:
    [​IMG]

While I had the soldering iron out, I added a button to the back of my Xbox controller. Very handy.
    [​IMG]

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

No video. here....

3. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Wow I dealing with the opposite problem as you I making my light bar have running lights... Of course mine is completely DIY.

- - - Updated - - -

Click on the first pic

4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Very nice job....:great:

5. Cheez

Cheez Rockstar 100 Posts

That sounds like an adventure! I would have preferred to do mine myself. I would have made it have sequential blinkers similar to the new mustangs taillights.
    Thank yah very much!

This also led me to redo the entire trailer light harness. It had about 14 colors and 12 miles worth of electrical tape on it.

6. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Check out my post about how I'm doing it its just a couple posts below this one.

- - - Updated - - -

I lied its in the Lighting forum. Thought this was there too........