1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

LED lights/bulbs

Discussion in 'Chevy Avalanche Forum (Escalade EXT)' started by DeeTee, Oct 24, 2013.

1. DeeTee

DeeTee New Member

Am wondering about installing some LED bulbs in my 2013 Avalanche.. Can I simply replace stock bulbs (brake/turn/tail etc..) without any modification? I'm not real familiar with the electronics systems of these new vehicles but I do hear that they're very sensitive. Am wondering about voiding my factory warranty by installing non-factory electrical equipment (?)

Thanks!!
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts

becareful of the cheaper bulbs and keep an eye on your dash lights Some LED's have a resistance that the GM's do not like and you will see your ABS and other lights go on in your dash..

If you do want a great looking tail light check this out from IPCW DSCF9038.jpg DSCF9039.jpg IMG_1523.jpg
  4. 01SilveradoBeast

01SilveradoBeast New Member

That looks great!
  5. Camaro69car

Camaro69car New Member

if your planning to use stock taillights but LED bulbs, you will need to wire up resistors to the turn signal bulbs. (had to do this with my dads 04 Avalanche) we wired up led bulbs into the sail panels for brake/turn signals.