Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

LED lights

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by rileyjr16, Apr 23, 2012.

1. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I want to replace all the incandescent bulbs in my truck with LEDs. This goes for the interior under dash lights, door markers, dome light, and map lights. Wanting MAP lights to be pure white on one side and red for map reading on the other. As per everything else, I'd like it to be pure white as well. Obviously I want something that will not only last, but be bright so I can see what I'm doing. I know [MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION] told me a good brand but for the life of me I cannot remember. The LEDs from the local Auto Zone, Oreilly's and Advance Auto Parts are no where near the brightness I'm looking for. Might also look into LEDs for the tail lights and cargo lamp. Any good brands you guys would recommend?

2. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I'm pretty Biased, but RECON has some pretty good interior lighting kits. Theirs are only for the map lights though, not sure where to go to replace the others. RECON also has a whole line of LED cab lights, and tail lights. They even have individual LED bulbs if you just want to replace the incandescent bulbs. Have to warn you that RECON is also pricey, but if you ever need to talk with their customer service reps, you won't be disappointed! I have some photo's in my "Current Project" album of the LED's I installed in the cab if you're interested. Good luck on your search, and happy modding!

3. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I done my entire truck inside and out with V-LEDs LEDs and I am very pleased. They are very bright, good quality, good selection, good service, great colors but they are a little pricey. http://www.v-leds.com/ The best thing I can say about them is I have not had a single LED burn out in almost 3 years. Also the shipping is cheap and quick. If you have any other questions just ask. Also, if you are going to get auxiliary DRLs or something like that go with the Recons. Good luck man. :glasses:

4. rileyjr16

Not sure about going with LEDs for the tail lights and or flashers but I just got some 194 wedge types in for my overhead map lights. Have them installed just waiting on nightfall to see how they look. Ordered a cool white and a red bulb. White for general purpose, red for map reading or reading anything at night. First appearances are promising on brightness. Plan on ordering more cool whites for the under dash courtesy lamps.

5. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Recommend iJDMToy.com or SuperBrightLEDs.com

Been using iJDMToy for a few years now and no issues and my BF has gone through the SuperBright for a few custom jobs. When he ordered some single White LEDs he noticed there were slight variations in the white color between diff. bulbs. Other than that he had no issues and they have decent specs of their products if you're looking to do a one-off job.

good luck and show us some pics after :money:

6. rileyjr16

I ordered from superbrightleds.com. I'm going to my brother's tonight to eat supper so I'll see about getting a picture. Ordered a planning on getting 2 more and maybe a cool white dome light.

7. rileyjr16

securedownload5.jpg securedownload6.jpg

There ya go [MENTION=53354]AMac[/MENTION]. Probably not the best picture but the one clear LED lights up the whole cab.

8. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Yeah, when taking a picture of the dome lights at night, the pic doesn't usually do them justice. Are you happy with the amount of brightness??

9. rileyjr16

For the white yes though I feel the red should be a tad bit brighter but I can still see. The one clear puts out more light than 2 two bulbs at the same time

10. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Oh jeeze everyone orders expensive stuff. Just go to ebay and buy some cheapies they work.