Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

LED Park Turn Signal Bulbs

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by RagsCo4, Dec 7, 2011.

1. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

It's good to hear someone here has experience with the procedure I was suggesting.

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I like the idea PMF608 and I discussed that entails changing out the flasher module for something that's LED-compat. 35 bucks and 15 mins of time by the looks of it. :)

3. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I can probably get my hands on a tech 2. ima look into that goes i agree i dont like having to mess with stock wiring

4. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If your truck as a BCM you dont have a flasher module to change :)

5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hrm. Options aside from programming?

6. sstoner911

Just resistors.

7. pmf608

This isn't fully correct. The BCM is just the computer under the dash... the 2003-2007's have them, my 2001 had one... they've been around for a while. The difference is that the 2007+ trucks have a lot more things controlled by the BCM (signal lights among them). This is why on 2007+ vehicles, the turn signal sounds come from the radio instead of a flasher unit.

For 2007 classic trucks and older, there is still an actual flasher unit, so changing it out would be the way to go. For 2007 and newer, your choices are as sstoner911 said - either reprogram the BCM or put resistors in.

8. Jaele

Jaele Rockstar 100 Posts

I only know a little bit about this, i replaced my tail light on my bmw with a custom one on created, if you are going to create your own LED light you will need to have a resistor or else you will burn out the LED prematurely. In order or solve the rapid flash(the one you get when a bulb dies) you will have to run a parallel circuit and have it omit as much volts that are needed as if you have a working light. Hope this helps

9. pmf608

If you are designing your own LED circuits, then resistors in the circuits are essential to the functionality of the LED, but these are to not kill the light - they are different than load resistors. Load resistors simulate having the load of a filament bulb in the circuit to prevent hyperflash. The load resistors would be a lot easier than setting up a parallel circuit to simulate the load, but I personally wouldn't do either. I know BMW has had factory LEDs available on a lot of cars for years now, and many models have been programmable to get rid of the bulb check & hyperflash like the new trucks are for over a decade.

Side note... I think its always cool when someone does up their own custom lighting projects.... do you have any pictures of those lights?

10. sstoner911

Good point...I was strictly talking about the NNBS trucks, I should have been more clear :)