1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

LED Reverse Bulbs

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by AMac, Feb 17, 2012.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I took a pic of the incandescent and LED bulbs so you you could see the difference. Taillights used are aftermarket smoked LEDs by Recon. The bulb used is a 5W cree LED
    LED Reverse Bulbs.jpg

5W Cree LED bulb.jpg
  2. jake's silverado

jake's silverado Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

I'm Jealous! You do nice work!
  3. AMac

can't compliment me yet, I couldn't get one of the screws out of the right taillight. not sure what's up w/ that. It's always my luck though for an easy install to NOT be easy. I tried going up from underneath and was able to reach the bulb housing but couldn't twist it off. It was getting cold and dark so I said the heck with it and will finish it tomorrow. I got enough done in one day. Happy w/ the outcome of the one and am anxious to get it even...LOL
  4. sevi084x4

sevi084x4 Rockstar 100 Posts

Hey that looks 10 times better though! very nice
  5. badboy

badboy New Member

Hey, same bulbs I have in my reverse!! Man they are fantastic looking, am happy to have got those in my 'Burb.
  6. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I have a set of APC (I think that is who made them) in my truck. Those LED's with the Recon tailgate light bar really light up when the truck is in reverse.
  7. IanF

IanF Rockstar 100 Posts

Put focused CREE 5W LEDs in my backup lights couple weeks ago. Just love them, now I just need to put in a switch to get rid of tailgaters while in forward motion.
  8. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Those look awesome! What a difference.
  9. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Those look really nice. I might have to look at doing something similar. I've been thinking of upgrading my lighting throughout the entire truck for a while.
  10. AMac

It certainly is a cheap mod and it serves a purpose in addition to looking nice. They are much brighter than the stock bulbs. The one thing I noticed is that if the truck has been off and you turn on the dome light it flickers rather than lighting up. It must be the reduced flow of power but these are low wattage so I'm not sure why they wouldn't power up. In any case I'm never in my truck with out my keys so I just turn the key to the on position and then turn it off.