Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

LED strip

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by Kayce Neuzil, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Kayce Neuzil

Kayce Neuzil New Member

Hey guys,

Anybody have any suggestions on what I should get?[TABLE="width: 72"]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 72"]12v led strip light[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    I sell all sorts of aftermarket lighting and finally I want to mount a 26.5" LED Light Bar[TABLE="width: 72"]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 72"]led strip 12v[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    to the front of my truck but I don't want a big bull bar[TABLE="width: 72"]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 72"]waterproof led strip light[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    . I want something low profile. Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.:grrrrrr::gasp::no::great:

2. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor

Good morning Kayce....
    I guess first off You should stop by the New members thread and give yourself a quick introduction, and maybe post a pic of your ride, so we might be able to share some ideas with you....

3. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I agree w/ @Dirty Dog having some pics of the ride will definitely help. And if you are a new member definitely check out the memo intro section. This way other members can get to know you and you ride which will help when it comes to making recommendations.

4. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

need pics of the ride like amac and dirty said otherwise its pointless to ask what to put on the truck

5. TNTEEPEN_Chevy

TNTEEPEN_Chevy New Member

Has anyone done this because i don't want to swap the bulbs in my fog lights i'd rather add an LED strip in the front.

6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

What, exactly do you want to do with a LED strip in the front? Where do you intend to mount it? Will you tie it to your DRL's? Your fogs? Your lows? Can you describe a little better what your intent is?

7. TNTEEPEN_Chevy

TNTEEPEN_Chevy New Member

I would either tie it in with my fogs or run another switch and tie it into my subs power line with an in-line fuse. But yeah i saw one on a Duramax the other day had it mounted in between his fog lights and was I'd say around 18"s it looked pretty bright and was extremely bright I think it would look good with my headlights but was wondering if anyone else had done this and how they like it.

8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I've not done it, as I have a semi-hidden winch carrier up front betwee my fogs.

9. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I saw a NNBS Chevy with pure clear LEDs around the fog light holes or squares and it looked good. He also had some red ones in the mirror housing under the mirrors that went on with the blinkers and brake lights. Looked pretty good. If I'm really bored and I have clear LEDs lying around I'll put em to use up front somehow.