1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

LED Tail light strip

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by Ohio Tahoe, Jun 9, 2009.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Ohio Tahoe

Ohio Tahoe Member

Well I am going to try the new FireStorm amber sequencual flashing led tail light strip on my Tahoe. Once installedf I will send some night pics of the LED Tails, and new light strip.

2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Oh man I can't wait to see it finished, I saw that new strip and was thinking about upgrading mine. Please let us know what kind of wiring modifications are needed for the install, because on the fire & Ice bar I had to splice the reverse light in order for the white LED's to come on. Please keep us posted! :happy:

3. Trask215

Trask215 Rockstar 100 Posts

I bet that's gonna look awesome. I like led lights. Can't wait to see the pics.

4. Ohio Tahoe

Ohio Tahoe Member

Plans changed here due to the thermostat going out on out heat pump/ central air.

So I did not spend the $200 for the FireStorm. But I did find a Red LED sequential tail light strip. So I now how the 60 strip on the back oh my hoe. I had to mod two of the mount brackets. This strip is made by APC, about half the price of the FireStorm. I purchased from RealTruck.com
    Install was real easy. It has a controller that you have to program. But that is also easy, parking lights on, then each turn signal for 5-10 flashes. Then you remove a jumper.

Pictures later after dark