LED Tail light strip

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by Ohio Tahoe, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Ohio Tahoe

Ohio Tahoe Member

Well I am going to try the new FireStorm amber sequencual flashing led tail light strip on my Tahoe. Once installedf I will send some night pics of the LED Tails, and new light strip.

2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Oh man I can't wait to see it finished, I saw that new strip and was thinking about upgrading mine. Please let us know what kind of wiring modifications are needed for the install, because on the fire & Ice bar I had to splice the reverse light in order for the white LED's to come on. Please keep us posted! :happy:

3. Trask215

Trask215 Rockstar 100 Posts

I bet that's gonna look awesome. I like led lights. Can't wait to see the pics.

4. Ohio Tahoe

Ohio Tahoe Member

Plans changed here due to the thermostat going out on out heat pump/ central air.

So I did not spend the $200 for the FireStorm. But I did find a Red LED sequential tail light strip. So I now how the 60 strip on the back oh my hoe. I had to mod two of the mount brackets. This strip is made by APC, about half the price of the FireStorm. I purchased from RealTruck.com
    Install was real easy. It has a controller that you have to program. But that is also easy, parking lights on, then each turn signal for 5-10 flashes. Then you remove a jumper.

Pictures later after dark