1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

LEDs in the tow mirrors

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by Jaele, Apr 4, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Jaele

Jaele Member 100 Posts

So my LEDs finely arrived a few days ago and with the baby taking up most of my time it took a few days to complete. But they are finely done. The LEDs come on with the running lights and get brighter when the turn signals are on. I will be writing up a "How To" within the next few days. If anyone has any ideals on other stuff they want LEDs for please speak up. I will try to get a video up soon. I just need to find out how to get the video off the camcorder haha its still pretty new.

Attached Files:

2. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

That looks clean. Can you get a picture from the front of the truck so we can get the overall image? I'm curious to see the overall result. I'll be looking for the How To though. I can't wait to get some time alone with my truck. These forums are giving me a lot of ideas.
  3. Jaele

Jaele Member 100 Posts

I will try to get more images up later today. The video shows them on from the front back and side. Just haven't had time to get it off the camcorder
  4. MTM

MTM New Member 100 Posts

where did you find these? ive been looking to do the same to mine

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

And can you get amber lights? And what brand?
  5. Jaele

Jaele Member 100 Posts

Ok i took some more pictures, have an angle form the front side and two from the back. Still havent had a chance to get on the other computer to get thr video updoaded. I should have some time tonight.

I purchased my LEDs from http://www.superbrightleds.com I haven't come across any 5mm LEDs but then again I have not looked. They do have some 3mm high flux LEDs which require a little different wiring. you can find them here http://www.superbrightleds.com/more...lux-led-70-degree-viewing-angle-5500-mcd/362/

Attached Files:

6. MTM

MTM New Member 100 Posts

What are the lights listed under...like what category?
  7. Jeremy09LTZCrew

That looks even better in the daylight. It's obvious the holes are there when you look, but it looks like it came that way, not at all like a hack job on the mirror. Thanks for the additional pictures. I really need to start playing around with things like that and teach myself. They're little tiny differences with a big impact on both utility and unique look.
  8. Jaele

Jaele Member 100 Posts

on that site? Component LEDs 3mm high flux with amber color

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

Thanks. Its a fun learning experience just make sure you have the marks in the correct stop before you drill. Also if you decide to mod your mirrors make sure you test them before you wrap up your install, dont want to have to back track due to a bad connection.

Thinking about adding a type of puddle light. Not sure where I want to put it though, down to three locations though: Under side of mirror, under door, or under the door step.
  9. Jeremy09LTZCrew

I'd almost say under the door. I guess it doesn't really matter if you wire it so it comes on with the interior lights. I was just thinking you might not want the underbody lights show car look. Unless you want then, in which case, go for it. Personally, the door seems like an ideal spot since it would shine right where you're stepping. And honestly, that's an incredibly simple idea I'm surprised manufacturers haven't implemented. It doesn't seem it'd be that difficult. That's the type of addition that is simple, but might make the difference when someone is looking at vehicles.
  10. Jaele

Jaele Member 100 Posts

They would deftently be coming on and going off with the interior lights, I'm not one for the import show car look. I am going to be checking out the bottom of my door tomorrow, only problem with this is when you unlock the truck it will not illuminate until the door s open. So I think I just talked myself out of the door. Haha