Left Front Sag

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by DTACA Burban, May 25, 2010.

1. DTACA Burban

DTACA Burban Member

My Left Front on my '02 Suburban is lower than the right by almost two inches. I jacked up and checked for play in suspension and found none. I ended up cranking the torsion bar up to level it. It solved the problem but what made it sag to begin with? Is it the torsion Bar Bushings? Any thoughts are appreciated.

2. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I don't believe they are any bushings in the torsion bar, at least there are none on my truck and I doubt the 'burbs are any different, It's probably fatigue in the bar itself. The G.M. IFS is prone to sagging torsion bars. The bars are different part #'s for each side so its not uncommon for one to sag more than the other.

3. BigBlueLB756

BigBlueLB756 Rockstar 100 Posts

Jes how big a boy are you?

4. adampaul1964

:rofl: Now that's funny right there!!

5. DTACA Burban

DTACA Burban Member

Its my wife's daily driver... and lets leave it at that. Thanks for the responses

6. adampaul1964

To quote Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men....."Don't I feel like a f@#%ing a$$hole"

Sorry, no offence!

7. DTACA Burban

DTACA Burban Member

Non Taken, I LMAO at your comment. It's not my wife's... GOTCHA

8. BigBlueLB756

BigBlueLB756 Rockstar 100 Posts

The Little Lady ain't too big 'til you have to make her ride in the back.

9. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I just noticed the other day that my 96 Tahoe leans to the left quite a bit. Going to crank the left side one turn, take the right down a turn.