Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Legal papers & registration ?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by JTWard, Aug 4, 2013.

1. JTWard

JTWard Member 1 Year Gold Member 100 Posts

Is it a good or Bad idea to carry your trucks registration and owners card and insurance cards in the glove box or is it better to carry that information on your person ? I've wanted to ask this question for quite awhile. What think ye ? :gasp:

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I've always carried these Items,"the Ones Mentioned Above" in my Wallet.....I've been doing it this way, every since I started Driving.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  3. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I carry mine in the glovebox, though I do tend to keep a copy of the insurance card for the Saturn in my wallet as proof when I drive other people's vehicles. If I carried all my vehicles' info in my wallet, there wouldn't be space for anything else. :lol: Also relatives sometimes drive my trucks, so they would need the info if they get pulled over for some reason.

4. The Heater

The Heater Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Hello:

I own too many vehicles and motorcycles to carry all that stuff in my wallet. It would take a file folder to hold all of it.

I have three insurance carriers, and I keep the cards in my wallet except for the classic car insurer, which is carried in the door pocket of that car. Car isn't driven enough to bother carrying it in my wallet. All the other four wheeled vehicles have the same carrier. My motorcycles are with a different company. I also have a boat and two trailers. I carry the trailer registrations in my truck glove box, in a Ziplock bag, with my truck registration and an insurance card for the truck. The boat registration has to be in the boat. My view in general is that I always carry registrations in the vehicle. Always. No reason not to do that. I have one motorcycle with only a zippered pocket on some soft luggage to store the registration, and I have never had a problem storing my registration and insurance in that spot.

The only time I remove that information from my vehicle is if it is going in for any type of service. I don't want some goon technician with a felony record for burglary to see where I live.

5. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

I cannot speak of police in your area, but around here the police only ask for your drivers license and proof of insurance.

6. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

I keep mine ACCESSIBLY in the vehicle

7. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I keep my registration in the glove box. You don't get asked for proof of insurance here in mass, guess a valid registration is your proof. If you lose your insurance the DMV is notified and you registration becomes invalid.

8. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I keep proof of insurance in the truck. Texas' registration is a sticker in the corner of the windshield and my truck's title stays in the safe at home.