Let me introduce myself......

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by HawkIVette, Feb 14, 2010.

1. HawkIVette

HawkIVette New Member

I just bought a new 2010 Silverado 1500 with the 5.3L engine. Haven't even taken a picture of it yet.
    Not new to Chevy vehicles, but this is the first Chevy Truck that I have owned in a long time.

I currently have a few other chevy cars and as you can probably guess from my Forum name, I have a Corvette that I absolutely LOVE- a 99 FRC (fixed roof coupe) that is still street drivable, but race it at the drag strip every chance I can. Here it is a couple of summers ago when I had it up to Wisconsin at a regional event.
    http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa32/HawkIVette/RockFallslaunch011.jpg?t=1266203546

Anyway, I don't want to get the New Silverado to go as fast as the Vette, but I would like to get just a little more Power and mainly Torque out of it. I have posted a thread below that is looking for info on how I can accomplish this. Again, it is a 5.3L engine stock right off the lot. I am maily thinking exhaust and intake right now- don't want to void any warrenty right away.

You guys probably think I am crazy for wanting to "boost" a brand new truck and should have just bought a bigger truck to begin with, but alas, that's just not in my nature. Heck, no matter how big a engine I would have bought, I would just want to get more power out of it anyway.

Any advice you guys can give me is very welcome. Thanks

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37903

2. TYMBOM

TYMBOM Former Member

Sweet man!!!!!! What does your vette run in the quarter?

3. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!:glasses: Glad to have you here!

4. HawkIVette

HawkIVette New Member

Vettes done 11.874 at 128 MPH @ 424 RWHP and 459 RWT

I see you have a quick vehicle there in your sig. Is that a truck and tell me more about it?

5. TYMBOM

TYMBOM Former Member

Thanks man. Yeah, it's my truck. As in my sig as well, that run was in complete street trim on 22" rims and balding all seasons :) I'll try to find the link to my mod list but it has a few things done to it, lol. With your trap speed you are flying man! With traction that car would be a weapon!!!

6. HawkIVette

HawkIVette New Member

Thanks for the compliments as well. I do run MT ETStreets that hook pretty well on a good track. I will usually get a 1.68 - 1.71 60' time and run a 7.504 1/8th mile. Just need to get my shifting down better as the car is a 6-speed :(

7. TYMBOM

TYMBOM Former Member

Ahhhhhhhhh, that's a great 60', same as me actually. What's done to the Vette?

8. TYMBOM

TYMBOM Former Member

9. HawkIVette

HawkIVette New Member

Started out as stock when I bought it in 2003---Factory rated LS1 @345 Hp, ran a 13.6 1/4 mile
    Dyno'd it at 303 RWHP

Added CAI (BlackWing) and Corsa aftermarket exhaut
    Ported & Polished Throttle Body
    Dyno again at 315 RWHP right before a tune----

-afte tune r-345 RWhp and 337 RWT 12.8 1/4 mile with a lot more expierence behind the wheel

Changed Rear Gears from 3.42:1 to a 4.10:1
    SPEC III clutch
    Underdrive pulley
    AFR 205 heads
    Comp Cam custom grind

Dyno'd again to 425 RWHP 11.874 quickest to date, consistant at 11.96-12.00

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  10. TYMBOM

TYMBOM Former Member

That's awesome man!!!!!!!!!!! Haven't decided if I go for 10's, sell it, or just enjoy it this year. Your car is awesome with only minor mods man, great job!!