1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lets see everyones ANIMALS...... DOGS, CATS...ect..

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by the phantom, Apr 22, 2012.

1. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Let everyone see everyones best friends out there... Didnt see another thread showing off our fury (or feathered) friends so lets see them. Maybe a brief description of their make and model and what year they are.
    Here are my three hounds..Shepherd Husky mix. gramma-Tasha 11 yrs old(on the right) her daughter Labatt 7yrs old(in the middle) and her son zues 5yrs old.
    Picture 035.jpg
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

There's a ranch dog post in another section of the forums. I never got that post and I don't really get this one. Yes, I have a pet ... but I don't put pictures of her on a truck forum; I'd be more prone to doing it on a pet forum. But to each his/her own I suppose.

Surreal
  3. Cheez

Cheez Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Sadie, Black Lab, 12 yrs old.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  4. Cheez

Cheez Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

It's in "The Coffee Shop". The title under the thread says "...talk about anything." Animals are included in anything.
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Why are you so defensive?

1) I never said I didn't like the thread.
    2) I -DID- say that -I- wouldn't post pics of my pet here, I'd do it on a pet forum.
    2) I closed with 'to each his/her own' ... meaning live and let live.

There was no attack made upon you or this thread. I never indicated I didn't like the thread. Your reply seems unnecessarily hostile/defensive.

Surreal

P.S. I post in the games section while replying to other posts on the forum; it keeps me busy while I do so. That's a bit different from posting pics of my pet, so I'm surprised at the comparison.

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

And did I condemn it? Was I complaining? NO to both questions. I indicated -I- am not prone to placing pics of my pet here, but would instead be prone to doing so on a pet forum. I also very clearly indicated I didn't 'get' why people would post pet pics in the ranch dog thread or here.

I have yet to see an explanation for why people would/do. Instead I see two defensive reactions to my statements that levied absolutely zero judgement.
  6. GMCErica

GMCErica Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Okay Guys
    Lets not argue about this... If people want to post pics of their FUR BABIES in this thread, then they should. If you don't want to post or don't have nice to say, then please just don't post... We encourage everyone to post in the forum, and the Coffee Shop is for any "shop-talk" of any kind. Lets just have fun and get along... I have two FUR BABIES and one FEATHERED child.. I will post pics later.. Thanks everyone :)
    1 person likes this.
  7. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Phantom, I think this thread was a great idea. I find this site to be family oriented and not limited to just trucks. We are intelligent and complex beings and we can share much more than just truck content without being distracted or confused as to this forums intent. Keep it up. :great:

This is our Mutt and Jeff, Mya age 5 Husky and Lacy age 2 Yorkie. They play like this all the time. :glasses:

8. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The threads a great idea. I posted on the other thread but to keep this going I'll post some of the heard
    momma and her three girls, pure breed British labs
    [​IMG]
    Australian shepherd collie mix
    [​IMG]
    australian shepherd german shepherd on the right. the other two are my girlfriends
    [​IMG]
  9. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Thanks Don and Im not going to argue either so instead of taking up posting space trying to explain why I post pics of my pet on a talk about anything forum heres zues and Labatt with some raindeer horns around christmas time. P1010214.jpg P1010219.jpg
  10. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

benjamin1.jpg benjamin2.jpg shadow.jpg

My cat Benjamin Paul who is 6 and my Black lab/Chow mix, Shadow who is around 2.5.