GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Let's see that vinyl

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by lonelywolf858, May 7, 2012.

1. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 New Member

I can't figure out anywhere to put this so I thought here was good enough. I'm looking for a decal kit to break up all the black on the Sierra. The only kits I can find are dumb looking. I'd like to see what everyone else has on their trucks or any good ideas.
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

I recommend some good wax ... and some paint-matched fender flares ... and some nerf bars ... and some wheels. :) Seriously, don't break up the black; draw the eye elsewhere, instead, with functional upgrades. It has the exact same effect but it's achieved a different way ... and doesn't look slapped on like a decal.
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
  3. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 New Member

Got jokes...I like that.

[​IMG]
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator

I would not put any decals on it. I would debadge it and embrass the mirror like black truck that you have. That being said I found this place http://www.decaldriveway.com/decal-category/body-accents. I would not put any of them on my truck. I have seen a black sierra around here with ghost flames on the doors and bed, it actually looks ok. http://www.vinylgraphics.net/shopdisplayproducts.asp?search=yes&bc=no&queryprefix=No&cname=G. I have also seen a guy use boat graphics on his truck. There are no words just the graphic that would go on a Baja. You could always create your own custom design and have a shop make it for you. Then at least you are not putting the same graphics everyone else has on your truck.
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
  5. dogred

dogred New Member

If you want to break up the black, try using some small pinstripes. Utilize the stock part that you can paint to match the stripe.
  6. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member

I have to agree with Sur. I would add chrome to highlight all that black. Keep the deep shine and make it better with shiny chrome.
  7. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 New Member

I'm not going to use something universal. I was looking for something cut for the Sierra like a decal to put into the hood recess or around the lower window sills. I have been debating on a 1/4" dark purple or blue pinstripe around the window sills and hood recess. Subtle but it would be there for those who pay attention. I do want to do performance upgrades but college tuition is taking most of my money. I am also removing all the chrome and either painting the pieces to match or black chroming accessory door handles and trim pieces.
  8. Coach24

Coach24 New Member

I like the Idea of chrome and some professional pinstripe to accent the black. I also believe that college expenses should supersede truck mods as edumacation is paramount in ones building a strong future.
    This pic reminds me of a song "Black is Black I want my baby back":rofl:
  9. tbplus10

tbplus10 Moderator

I saw a black NNBS this morning on my way to work that had vinyl graffics in a Satin black running down the side, looked real sharp and broke up the paint just a little without being distracting, just subtle.
    I was gonna take a picture but just as I was jockying the steering wheel and the camera I noticed the driver eyeing me and a second later I realized the graffics I was looking at said "Texas State Marshall" decided I better concentrate on driving a little more and get that picture later.
    Like I was saying though the Satin Black broke up the gloss paint just enough to catch your eye but not distract from the looks of the truck.
  10. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

I'm a fan of Ghost Flames Had them on my old truck Could only be seen when close and they were Candyed... Disney 036.jpg Well I looked for a shot of my old one with flames but here is one to lookm at..From Goodmark
  11. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 New Member

I used to have a truck with flames. I'm a little more mature now...when it comes to design anyway. Don't judge, we've all done stupid things.

[​IMG]
  12. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Now you know why I'm not a fan of slapping on decals. Been there, done that (no you don't get pics). I'm more mature now, too!
  13. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 New Member

That's not a decal. I wish it was so i could remove it after I did it.
  14. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Doh! I feel you on that...

double-facepalm.jpg
  15. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

As I said a nice suddle Ghost flames. On a black truck maybe in Purple would look sweet...
  16. Pikey

Pikey Moderator

The black truck that I see them with has a light white, almost grey ghost flame. It is not really all that noticeable unless you really look at the truck. I will try to get a pic of it next time I see it.
  17. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 New Member

try motor badges. i had red 5.3L and silver Vortec on my old hood
  18. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 New Member

I've seen those and I kind of want them but bragging about a 5.3L is kind of....poser-ish
  19. JC8865

JC8865 New Member

555429_10151114414413136_552768135_13419027_90361377_n.jpg Do something different..may not be for everyone but I get tired of all the blacked out stuff..everyone has it.

JC
  20. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

This is on my friends Dodge,,, carshows 422.jpg