1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Let's see that vinyl

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by lonelywolf858, May 7, 2012.

1. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 New Member

I can't figure out anywhere to put this so I thought here was good enough. I'm looking for a decal kit to break up all the black on the Sierra. The only kits I can find are dumb looking. I'd like to see what everyone else has on their trucks or any good ideas.
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I recommend some good wax ... and some paint-matched fender flares ... and some nerf bars ... and some wheels. :) Seriously, don't break up the black; draw the eye elsewhere, instead, with functional upgrades. It has the exact same effect but it's achieved a different way ... and doesn't look slapped on like a decal.
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
  3. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 New Member

Got jokes...I like that.

[​IMG]
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I would not put any decals on it. I would debadge it and embrass the mirror like black truck that you have. That being said I found this place http://www.decaldriveway.com/decal-category/body-accents. I would not put any of them on my truck. I have seen a black sierra around here with ghost flames on the doors and bed, it actually looks ok. http://www.vinylgraphics.net/shopdisplayproducts.asp?search=yes&bc=no&queryprefix=No&cname=G. I have also seen a guy use boat graphics on his truck. There are no words just the graphic that would go on a Baja. You could always create your own custom design and have a shop make it for you. Then at least you are not putting the same graphics everyone else has on your truck.
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
  5. dogred

dogred New Member

If you want to break up the black, try using some small pinstripes. Utilize the stock part that you can paint to match the stripe.
  6. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts

I have to agree with Sur. I would add chrome to highlight all that black. Keep the deep shine and make it better with shiny chrome.
  7. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 New Member

I'm not going to use something universal. I was looking for something cut for the Sierra like a decal to put into the hood recess or around the lower window sills. I have been debating on a 1/4" dark purple or blue pinstripe around the window sills and hood recess. Subtle but it would be there for those who pay attention. I do want to do performance upgrades but college tuition is taking most of my money. I am also removing all the chrome and either painting the pieces to match or black chroming accessory door handles and trim pieces.
  8. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts

I like the Idea of chrome and some professional pinstripe to accent the black. I also believe that college expenses should supersede truck mods as edumacation is paramount in ones building a strong future.
    This pic reminds me of a song "Black is Black I want my baby back":rofl:
  9. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

I saw a black NNBS this morning on my way to work that had vinyl graffics in a Satin black running down the side, looked real sharp and broke up the paint just a little without being distracting, just subtle.
    I was gonna take a picture but just as I was jockying the steering wheel and the camera I noticed the driver eyeing me and a second later I realized the graffics I was looking at said "Texas State Marshall" decided I better concentrate on driving a little more and get that picture later.
    Like I was saying though the Satin Black broke up the gloss paint just enough to catch your eye but not distract from the looks of the truck.
  10. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'm a fan of Ghost Flames Had them on my old truck Could only be seen when close and they were Candyed... Disney 036.jpg Well I looked for a shot of my old one with flames but here is one to lookm at..From Goodmark