1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

lets take a SURVEY

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by rf58, Jul 26, 2012.

1. rf58

rf58 Member

, what of all chevy and gmc was the best looking truck. Even if you didn't own one.
  2. grampy

grampy New Member 100 Posts

OK, i'll jump in. The 1948 through first series '55 models. Best looking trucks GM ever made. Still have a running 6400 Chevrolet here on the place. Owned by my SIL's family for three generations. Faded and beat up but still running today. I once owned a nice "53 GMC 3/4 ton. One of two vehicles I ever owned that I wish I still had today ! Close runner up would be the '67 through "72's. Also have a running "69 Chev C10 on the place, now retired, beat up an rusted but still a classic looking truck. Just my .02, Ken.
  3. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I'd have To go with a 56 c10
  4. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I'd have to go with 94-98 and 99 classics after they redesigned the grille. Ks and Cs
  5. rf58

rf58 Member

i have 2 my 56 chevy wide window with factory overdrive green
    and my 1972 Jimmy red and white.
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

IMHO the best looking Chevy/GMC truck of all time is the modified Topkick used as Ironhide in the Transformer movies...

[​IMG]
  7. rf58

rf58 Member

Sorry i like chrome and black don't cut it for me
  8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I thought you asked people for their opinions on what the best looking truck was.

Put another way, I don't recall you asking what the best colours and materials used on trucks were ... so I'm surprised that colour and materials play into it, at all, as one could just as easily have the same vehicle in blue with colour-matched trim. (Monroe makes the aftermarket Ironhide version of the Topkick, by the way... so yes, order it in colours and chrome to taste!)
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  9. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Like Surreal, I like the bigger trucks,

And, love the SSR, the 6.0 would be a fun toy
  10. rf58

rf58 Member