1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Let's talk GUNS

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by rileyjr16, Mar 30, 2014.

1. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Let's talk guns for a second [MENTION=44531]Sierraowner5.3[/MENTION] I know you have guns I've seen them and I've already killed a squirrel with your .17 lol. ANYWAY, getting that new gun itch lately and I'm thinking its new .40 or .45 pistol kind of itch. As of right now, I have a 9mm Smith&Wesson M&P (wife), Smith&Wesson Sigma .40 (mine which is about to become the first line door gun), Rock River Arms LAR-15, Winchester model 67 .22, and 2 Remington 870's in 12 gauge and 20 gauge. I know we have some gun nuts on here.

Been looking into another M&P like my wife's in .40 caliber, a 1911 style either in .40 or .45 caliber (why a .40?, simplicity), Glock 23, Sig Sauer 228/229, Beretta PX4, Taurus 24/7 or something completely off the wall.

Interested in seeing/hearing some suggestions as to what people have. As for me, I like the simplicity of having no safety but I know eventually when me and wife are having children, I would want a safety. My dad has a PX4c that I like the size of as well as the double/single action. Would love to have a external hammer and I know with a 1911 I can't get double action but still its got a hammer. Sig's are awesome guns with double/single action but not the price tag I'm wanting to pay. This would be a bedroom/carry gun and I would love to have another .40 because hey, I have .40 ammo already and its cheaper than .45 caliber. BUT this would also be a carry in the woods gun when I bow hunt and take it hog hunting.

So what do some of y'all have? Looking to see some suggestions or helpful hints.
  2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

go for broke and buy a 10mm....

mp shield in 40, px4 in 40...... im a 9mm fan, but since you wanna stay with .40 cal, even look at a glock or two. something else to look at is a ruger SR series. pretty sure thy have them in .40 and I know they have them in .45, got to shoot one not to long ago.

Alex
  3. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

If you get a .45 or a 10mm, get a 1911.

If you want a .40, get a Glock 22 or 23 or an M&P.
  4. rileyjr16

Yeah thinking about a Glock. Leaning more towards a 1911 from a lesser known company. American tactical imports or rock island armory. Hear their 1911's are made pretty well
  5. Camaro69car

Camaro69car Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I got a Glock 21SF and a m91/30 Mosin Nagant
  6. rileyjr16

Currently thinking about a Glock 23 but I want to have a rail on it in case I ever decide to mount some sort of tac light onto it for fun at night.
  7. McClintoc

I have a Glock 22 with a rail and a tac light on it. I love it.
  8. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

night sites before a light, but thats just my opinion.

Alex
  9. McClintoc

I got both. :glasses:
  10. rileyjr16

I would go light before night sights but hey thats just me. To each their own. Got way too much I want to do now to get a new gun. Not to mention I don't make that much.