Let's talk GUNS

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by rileyjr16, Mar 30, 2014.

1. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Let's talk guns for a second [MENTION=44531]Sierraowner5.3[/MENTION] I know you have guns I've seen them and I've already killed a squirrel with your .17 lol. ANYWAY, getting that new gun itch lately and I'm thinking its new .40 or .45 pistol kind of itch. As of right now, I have a 9mm Smith&Wesson M&P (wife), Smith&Wesson Sigma .40 (mine which is about to become the first line door gun), Rock River Arms LAR-15, Winchester model 67 .22, and 2 Remington 870's in 12 gauge and 20 gauge. I know we have some gun nuts on here.

Been looking into another M&P like my wife's in .40 caliber, a 1911 style either in .40 or .45 caliber (why a .40?, simplicity), Glock 23, Sig Sauer 228/229, Beretta PX4, Taurus 24/7 or something completely off the wall.

Interested in seeing/hearing some suggestions as to what people have. As for me, I like the simplicity of having no safety but I know eventually when me and wife are having children, I would want a safety. My dad has a PX4c that I like the size of as well as the double/single action. Would love to have a external hammer and I know with a 1911 I can't get double action but still its got a hammer. Sig's are awesome guns with double/single action but not the price tag I'm wanting to pay. This would be a bedroom/carry gun and I would love to have another .40 because hey, I have .40 ammo already and its cheaper than .45 caliber. BUT this would also be a carry in the woods gun when I bow hunt and take it hog hunting.

So what do some of y'all have? Looking to see some suggestions or helpful hints.

2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

go for broke and buy a 10mm....

mp shield in 40, px4 in 40...... im a 9mm fan, but since you wanna stay with .40 cal, even look at a glock or two. something else to look at is a ruger SR series. pretty sure thy have them in .40 and I know they have them in .45, got to shoot one not to long ago.

Alex

3. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

If you get a .45 or a 10mm, get a 1911.

If you want a .40, get a Glock 22 or 23 or an M&P.

4. rileyjr16

Yeah thinking about a Glock. Leaning more towards a 1911 from a lesser known company. American tactical imports or rock island armory. Hear their 1911's are made pretty well

5. Camaro69car

Camaro69car Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I got a Glock 21SF and a m91/30 Mosin Nagant

6. rileyjr16

Currently thinking about a Glock 23 but I want to have a rail on it in case I ever decide to mount some sort of tac light onto it for fun at night.

7. McClintoc

I have a Glock 22 with a rail and a tac light on it. I love it.

8. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

night sites before a light, but thats just my opinion.

Alex

9. McClintoc

I got both. :glasses:

10. rileyjr16

I would go light before night sights but hey thats just me. To each their own. Got way too much I want to do now to get a new gun. Not to mention I don't make that much.