1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

level a 1500

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by darren4x4, Feb 15, 2014.

1. darren4x4

darren4x4 New Member

does anyone have any good ideas to level my truck? its a 2007 sierra 1500 4x4 regular extended cab, and i'd like to lift the front end about an inch or inch and a half. do these trucks have torsion bars? whatever i do doesn't need to be high tech i'd take the cheapest option out there is if its solid. thanks for your help. or if you have one of these maybe you know what a good amount is to get it level or just a touch over. thanks again!!
  2. j cat

j cat Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

since I have a 2000 Silverado 1500 4X4 LT ext cab , I do have torsion bars . these trucks 1500 series from 1999-2006 are with these adjustable bars. this then allows you to raise the front end height to level the vehicle and provide a good ride and braking.

I still have this 2000 because the 2007- to current 1500 only has springs/struts. these components are not for trucks GM went cheapo on this and that is why you have front end sag and I still keep my 2000 Silverado which is a better vehicle than these 2007-current 1500 trucks in many other areas as well....

you must replace the springs and struts. then if still too low you must install spacers to get the proper height you need to get the vehicle to an acceptable level condition.. perhaps a forum member can help with a part supplier to achieve.. this effect. when you get the vehicle level you will experience better braking and ride ... you may have to use various sized spacers to get the front end at the same height on each side..

on my 2000 Silverado at the 10,000 mile mark many years ago I did the torsion bar adjustment. then I adjusted the front end. [I aligned the front end] now 13 years later this is not been messed with . I installed bilstien shocks back in 2005 and this is now with 150,000 miles and still at the same height...with proper leveling you should get more miles on your tires. I got 90,000 miles on the OEM factory tires. I have 60,000miles on the tires I purchased when the originals worn down to 30 % of tread...
  3. BRB46

BRB46 Rockstar Gold Member 100 Posts

Just for clarification, is it the classic style 2007 or new body style. The classic '07 still have torsion bars whereas the NNBS have struts & springs.
  4. j cat

j cat Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I checked out the 2007 1500 Silverado trucks in 2007 ... you get front end struts/springs....many bitching about this front end sag. also you get a weird sound from these strut springs...GM had some TSB about it...I just will not buy a truck with struts and coil springs ..
  5. darren4x4

darren4x4 New Member

new body style.2007.5
  6. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I did the ReadyLift on my 2010! Quality product and easy install! ReadyLift web has a installation video and was easy to do. A nice addition to mine. 2.5"...........
  7. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I agree with ReadyLift being top notch, but if cheap is your thing the Ruff Country 2" level kit can be had for less than $70 shipped to your door.
  8. Rocketmanh5

Rocketmanh5 Rockstar 100 Posts

Superlift kit. Was perfect for my truck. Perfectly level. Was a smudge over 2" raise.