1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

level and lift

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by gjohnson, Oct 14, 2009.

1. gjohnson

gjohnson New Member

I am trying to find a 2" lift kit for a 1997 Chevy 2500 4x4 or at the least a leveling kit. What I want is enough clearance for 285/75/16 so as to give the differentals additional height for the potholed roads that lead to the worlds greatest fly filshing around. Thanks for the help--Greg
  2. X-Hibition

X-Hibition New Member

Welcome to the club.

I just put Suspension Maxx torsion bar keys on my 1998 K-2500 Sub for about 1.5 inch lift. Just today I received my Roadmaster Active Suspension which I hope will introduce some additional lift in the rear.

I'll be doing this install this weekend in support of 17" Hummer wheels with 265-70/17. I know that's shorter than what you want, but by this weekend I should have a better idae of how much lift I get in the back and how it might help you.
  3. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP New Member

i put rough country keys on mine and they gave me a little over 2"..but i was able to fit 285/75/16s on even before the leveling kit
  4. gjohnson

gjohnson New Member

Lift or level

Thanks for the reply and welcome.
    but here seems to be the problem there isn't anything listed for a 97' 2500 truck. I have looked at a lot of manufactures and it appears that the 97' chevy is the b****d child. They must make something for this model. Thanks greg
  5. X-Hibition

X-Hibition New Member

If you have a true 3/4 ton 8 lug application yours is the same as mine. Redneck has a later model 1/2 ton with different lift characteristics.
  6. gjohnson

gjohnson New Member

Lift or level

Thanks. I'll give supension maxx a call and place an order. And thanks for all your help.
  7. X-Hibition

X-Hibition New Member

That's what we are here for, to help.

And to brag about our rides...