1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Level Kit Pic Request

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by ajarman, Sep 10, 2010.

1. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have been running the ReadyLift 1.5" level kit with factory 265/70 R17's and contacted ReadyLift about up grading to the 2.25" kit. I talked to the rep found out that the 2.25" kit was just the 1.5" with an extra part on the bottom of the strut. I ordered this part and wanted to know how a NNBS 1/2 ton looks with 2.25" level kit running 265's. I plan on getting 285's, but just bought GY DuraTrac's in a 265 so it will be many miles before I get 285's.

Pictures and or any advice on running a 2.25" level kit with 265's would be appricated.

Thanks!

2. silverado469

silverado469 Rockstar ROTM Winner

yo man, i have an 07 silverado and i got the Rough Country 2" leveling kit which is a U shaped spacer that goes where the strut is bolted to the lower control arm. here's a pic

IMG_0382.jpg

3. ajarman

That looks damn good! I am not so worried about running the 2.25 with stockies now. When you park on a flat lot does it seem you have reverse rake? I got the tape out yestereday and looks like I will be 3/8" higher up front.

4. troutbug

troutbug Rockstar 100 Posts

The kit I put on was a 2 piece design that went above and below the strut. It was a 2.5 in. from top gun customs. It looked great until I put my camper shell on...now it looks slightly like a reverse rake. I measured it once and I think it was only 1/4 or 3/8 inch, but it bugs me. I'm thinking about putting on the readylift 2" or 3" rear blocks to raise the back. I could just take out the upper plate on top of the strut, but I like the height the front is at now. I'm not running the tire size you asked for (I've got stock 20's), and I'm not sure if the rake is different for 2WD, but maybe you can get an idea.
    bigger.jpg

5. ajarman

When it isl "your" truck it is always the small things that bother you. Sal, I think your truck looks great, but you see it everyday and you can really tell the rake difference when someone else might not have a clue. I keep telling myself it is just 3/4 of an inch more, but then I will tell myself I should hold off till it's time for 285's. Decisions decisions.

6. Fan45acp

Fan45acp Member

Here are a few pictures of my 2009.I installed a Rough Country 2" Level.Easy and good results.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. troutbug

troutbug Rockstar 100 Posts

Thanks for the compliment, Ajarman. And you're right, no one else seems to notice but it drives me crazy. Only when I'm loaded down will someone say anything. The 2.25" shouldn't be as bad though, and like I said, it was fine before the weight of the camper shell ( and the air tanks, and the horn, and my tools....) sank it down.

8. silverado469

silverado469 Rockstar ROTM Winner

Well I only have the 2" kit so it doesn't have any reverse rake. But I don't think the 1/4 " more from the kit that you have won't make that big of a difference

9. grrr...

grrr... Rockstar 100 Posts

10. ajarman

Thanks for the help guys! I think I am just going to have it put on once it comes in and just hope Santa drops off some 285's in 3 months!!