1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Leveled my truck

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by BRB46, Aug 31, 2013.

1. BRB46

BRB46 Rockstar Gold Member 100 Posts

Just installed a Rough Country 2.5" lift/ leveling kit. Start to finish about 4.5 to 5 hrs by myself. That included some rust abatement as well. Kit included keys,3" blocks and new shocks. Raining out now but will post a before and after picture when I get a chance to take one. Very pleased with the results. Still need to adjust the headlights.
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Cool, let's see some photos!

pitchers - thread is useless without them.jpg
  3. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

This is a pic of my last truck with the 2.5" Rough Country Leveling kit...i love the way it handled and so will you!

Random pics 329.jpg
  4. BRB46

Still need to get the alignment done but took it for a spin and the ride quality is already better. Wasn't much of a fan of the shocks that were on it. The ones that came with the kit seem to be better so far. Will have a couple pics to post shortly.

- - - Updated - - -

here are some pics hopefully. Photo0413.jpg 0831131334-00.jpg sunny day and cloudy day.

- - - Updated - - -

Photo0416.jpg 0831131335-00.jpg Here are a couple more. a bit of a different angle.
  5. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Nice truck! Now add some "Beef" to those wheels and get a better effect, plus more truck ability...
  6. DFr1024

DFr1024 New Member

Newbie question...Im assuming a leveling kit because the front is heavier than an empty bed so it is slightly angled, correct? So you level it to raise it a touch and then its equal front and back? Mine is stock and has nothing done to it. I will need new shocks soon, feels like a town car, just keeps bouncing after large bumps. Its actually pretty fun, but Im sure its not good for the tires/truck.

My questions are as above, and is the handling/steering better? Or is it just for looks? Thanks!

Dustin
  7. BRB46

Thanks. One step at a time. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Not that it's heavier. It just takes the rake out of it and to allow for bigger tires without rubbing in the wheel wells.As far as steering and handling, not sure yet as the front end needs an alignment before i drive too many miles. So far the shocks that came with the kit are better than what i had on as far as ride quality. It is also for looks too.
  8. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Looks good, about what I'd expect with a level kit. I found that the ride was so much better than stock when I had mine lifted/leveled. Now that I'm lowered and level it's even better! I highly recommend a rear sway bar if you don't already have one, it is a great improvement whether you are lowered or lifted.
  9. BRB46

Thanks. I was thinking about a sway bar. Or wondering if road master active suspension would be a better choice.
  10. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

When i installed the full RC leveling kit the shocks i got were better than the ones i had on there...BUT they seemed like they couldnt support the weight of the stuff in the bed like the other ones did...they seemed like "cheap" shocks compared to my other ones...but they still rode nice