1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Leveling a 02 gmc 2500 HD

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by MDM Motorsports, Oct 5, 2013.

1. MDM Motorsports

MDM Motorsports New Member

I'm new and looking into leveling my truck with torsion keys in front and blocks in the back. Any suggestions would
    be greatly appreciated. 2002 GMC 2500 HD
  2. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member ROTM Winner

If you want to keep the rake in... for towing then I'd go with 2" blocks in the rear. I'd also look into shocks for a 0-2" lift. Stock shocks will work but will be full extend.
  3. MDM Motorsports

MDM Motorsports New Member

I have been looking at the day star kit which includes torsion keys, shock extenders, and 2" blocks and u bolts for the back. Any thoughts on this particular brand?
  4. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member ROTM Winner

I went with Ready lifts kit for mine... they had the adapter to use the factory shocks... but I went with new shocks. The adapters in my opinion are not the permanent solution. But if you don't have the money for new shocks right away it will get you by.