leveling a 2009 Z71 crew cab

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Mustang Bob, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Mustang Bob

Mustang Bob New Member

Need help/info from anyone who has lifted the front of their 2009 Z71 crew cab. What kit/parts did you use, how much lift did you gain, are you satisfied with the ride and handeling, how difficult to install, etc.??? Any info would be helpfull.

2. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Some people on here have gotten the rough country 1.5-2" kit and like it. It is also on 70 bucks or so

3. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

i got a 1.5" leveling kit from super lift on my truck it took gm about 2 hours for them to do i got 305/50/R20 the tires just got in natinola 4wd im going to get them on in about a week i know with nationla they run a 305/55/r20 with a 2.5" lift

4. kgibson181

kgibson181 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I would go with the rough country 2 inch level. Very affordable and very good results, gains you room for bigger tires, keeps the factory ride comfort, and with an experienced installer can go on in a little over an hour.

5. Tdaz250

Tdaz250 Rockstar 100 Posts

Yes everyone seems to like the rough country kits. I'm looking into getting one myself.

6. 09sliverado

09sliverado Member

would these kits also work for a z71 2wd, same year as OPs

7. 1S1K

1S1K Rockstar 100 Posts

8. kgibson181

kgibson181 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Yes you could also get these leveling kits for the 2wd trucks but make sure that you just find a kit specified for the 2wd model you have. Many of the major lift companies also make leveling kits.

9. Tdaz250

Tdaz250 Rockstar 100 Posts

I would agree because when you have a canopy on its alot of weight and its going to make your back sag down a little. I guess its up to you but if you have a canopy then i'd just measure the front and figure out how much to lift the front so its equal to the back. The reason someone probably said that is because you dont want to get a 2 inch leveling kit, get a canopy and then be driving with the front higher then the back because the truck was already level without the weight in the back.