Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Leveling kit and P265-70R16 tires?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by JRD761, Mar 27, 2011.

1. JRD761

JRD761 Rockstar 100 Posts

On my 2004 2-wheel drive, how would a leveling kit and P265-70R16 tires look?
    Do you guys think there would be too much of a gap, or it would look alright?

And can you guys point me in the way of a decent leveling kit? I'm assuming I need new spindles to achieve this.. true?

2. jbjohnson92f

jbjohnson92f Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

the kit for you body style just requires torsion keys, if i was you i would go with a 285/75r16 which is about a 32.8 inch tire

3. JRD761

JRD761 Rockstar 100 Posts

I don't believe I have torsion bars.. I know for sure I've got coils, and I don't think torsion bars and coils mix..?

4. jbjohnson92f

jbjohnson92f Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

my bad-(2wd) i miss read your thread its just a coil spring spacer

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  5. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I have 265/65R16 tires on my truck and there's plenty of room to fit a 285 tire or slightly bigger in the wheel well, so you could go bigger if you want. Also, check out the "official lift/ leveling kit" thread at the top of the page in the Suspension Tech forum, that should give you all the info you need.

6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

'04 was a mixed year for GM 2wd. pick-ups. The early '04's had front coil springs and later in that year they went to torson bars on the 2wd's. Since you have coils, I would go with CST or Fabtech lifted steering knuckles.