1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

leveling kit and tire size

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by bhunter15, Nov 30, 2010.

1. bhunter15

bhunter15 New Member

i have a 2002 silveraldo ext. cab. everything is stock on it right now and the front end is starting to sag some. i was thinking about getting the trosion keys and raising it 2 inches in the front and wondering what size tires i could run on it. also would i have to get blocks for the back to compensate so that the truck sat level. any advice would help.

thanks
  2. MPC-Silverado

MPC-Silverado New Member

well if you just want to correct sag, or fatigue I would say just get new front shocks and then tighten up your stock keys a little bit. Not going to get you much height just going to fix your problem at hand.

If you want to lift it up a little bit i would say to get a leveling kit and assuming you have a 1500 i would get 3" rear blocks. you should fit 33s on the stock offset with out any trimming. if you go with a wider offset rim you might have to trim a little plastic off under the bumper.
  3. KWG08VMI

KWG08VMI New Member

If you want it to sit level I'm not sure I would put a 3" block in the back with only a leveling kit up front. I would get the torsion keys and raise the front a little at a time to until it sits like you want it to. If that doesn't satisfy what you want, then I would look into a full lift.
  4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!! I agree with KWG regarding the blocks and that you may want put on leveling kit or adjust the torsion first and see what you truck looks like afterward. Without pictures, it's hard to tell how much rake you have (rear sitting higher than the front), but if you prefer the "leveled" look, you may not need blocks at all.

Regarding tire size, since you say your vehicle is sagging in the front, it's hard to tell how much 2" higher is. I would say you would be fine with 33s as well but it's really tough to be sure.
  5. bigbluesub

bigbluesub New Member

So I have the same truck. What are the biggest tires that will fit on the stock alloy 16" rims?