1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Leveling kit before a suspension lift?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by BrownPats420, Oct 4, 2011.

1. BrownPats420

BrownPats420 Member 100 Posts

I have been thinking about this for quite some time, perfect place to ask. I recently purchased a readylift 2.5" leveling kit for my truck, would only have to pick the truck up an inch and a half in the front. the back sits at 12.1 and the front at 10.6. I want to put in a 3" suspension lift (MA laws):eek:uch: Does'nt it make sense to put the leveling kit in before the suspension? Thanks!
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

What year is your truck?
  3. BrownPats420

03 gmc sierra ext cab sle
  4. silveradotrailblazer

I would go ahead and put the leveling kit on now because when you install the 3" lift kit it will most likely sit the way it is now just 3" higher all the way around. You can level the truck with the leveling kit. I would suggest the Skyjacker 3" lift for your truck because its easy to install because you don't have to drop the front axle/diff.
  5. o3gerber

o3gerber Rockstar 100 Posts

x2 on what silveradotrailblazer said, i installed a leveling kit on my truck after the 6in lift because the rear end still sat higher than the front
  6. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

It depends on the lift. If it doesn't drop the diff, or it's not a full drop (or close too it) you will put your front end in a bind.
  7. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Like black out said it all depends on ur angles if the lift dont do a full drop the leveling kit will destroy tge front end. My old 3" from roughcountry was a 3 inch and even though it had a 1.25 diff ddrop my angles were horriable
  8. silveradotrailblazer

If you go with a 3" lift go with the Skyjacker, great kit. Well engineered so you don't have wear issues.
  9. BrownPats420

3.5 for $1062 on sale, originally 1100. what a deal haha
  10. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Now thats a deal if i ever seen one. Lol