1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Leveling Kit Before vs. After

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by JohnRoss1986, Feb 18, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. JohnRoss1986

JohnRoss1986 New Member

Here are before and after pics of my leveling job. I purchased a Truxxx 2.5" leveing kit for my 2WD. Had a local mechanic install it for me. I am extremely happy with the result. It doesn't ride any different than it did before today.

Before
    Front: 34.5
    Rear: 36.5
    IMG_0164.jpg

After:
    Front: 36.5
    Rear: 36.5
    IMG_0165.jpg
  2. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I hate to say it, I notice almost no difference. Nice truck though.
  3. JohnRoss1986

JohnRoss1986 New Member

Way to pop my bubble buddy!! You are right though. It is hard to tell with the after picture. The sun was beaming right down on the truck. There is a noticeable difference in person. Going to try and take more pictures later.
  4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

What did you do? A 1 1/2 front?
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Actually it has more to do with the angle at which the photos were taken, I think...
  6. JohnRoss1986

JohnRoss1986 New Member

I did a 2.5" in the front.
  7. buckmeister2

buckmeister2 New Member 100 Posts

John, I could not see diff in the front. When I look at the space between the rear tires and fenderwell, it looks like you brought the rear down. In any case, I can see that it is sitting level, whereas before it had a nose down attitude. I like it!!! I have down two of the 1500 I owned, and both look a lot better level that on the factory rake.
  8. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Member 100 Posts

Bump on what ssurreal said. Maybe try crouching down and taking it more straight on with the side. Congrats on getting the kit in.
  9. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 New Member 100 Posts

Idk what these guys are talking about, I can definitely tell a difference. It looks great man. Whats the future plans?
  10. walmart player

walmart player New Member

Does leveling your truck effect the mpg or is it just for looks? Sorry if this is a dumb question, just seems like it would be more areodynamic with the nose down I would think.