Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Leveling Kit ~ Chevy Silverado

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by nthammack, Mar 31, 2011.

1. jbjohnson92f

jbjohnson92f Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Very true Big b, i guess it all depends on what you want to do, i plan on up grading my shocks in the future as well as the cst4.5 or similar 4inch lift
  2. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

I agree with you on the 4" lift jb as i would love to go higher.Isn't it funny how once you lift your truck your never satisfied with the height?
  3. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I think the 295's would be OK, but would love to rock some 315's. After a long talk with the wife I will be ordering the shocks next week. Wife 1 Me 0 Can't wait to see how they are going to ride. I think it is going to be a pretty sweet set up with the ReadyLift level and the Bil's for ride comfort. Wonder if I can get an extra 1/2" out of the 5100's?? Might be too bad on the angles.

Like said above, once you leave stock height.....it is all down hill from there.
  4. nthammack

nthammack New Member

Thanks for the pics guys, I can't use any of the leveling kits ya'll got, my truck is 2wd, and doesn't have torsion keys, that's the whole preface of looking at coil spring spacers. Any idea what shocks I should run for a 2 inch leveling kit?
  5. gamewarden

gamewarden New Member

Schaub, i just bought a 2010 just like yours. you have the ready lift 2.25". do you also have blocks in the rear? if so what size? thanks
  6. spud

spud New Member

I have a 2009 Silverado, 1/2 ton crew cab short bed. If I install a Ready Lift Leveling Kit, do I need the 2.25" or the 1.5" leveling kit?
  7. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I have a Pro Comp leveling kit and have had absolutely no problems. Here are some before and afters:

Before:

[​IMG]After:

[​IMG]

Will be installing some Bilsteins in the front as soon as they show up on my door step. Already have them in the rear.
  8. Jeeewwwski

Jeeewwwski New Member

I have a quick question im still new to this and i want to do things right. Currently i have 2" blocks in the rear and aftermarket torsion keys that added a few inches in the front. My problem is the torsion keys like to bang around when i turn my wheel and i just dont like the ride. I would like to get rid of them and level it out a new way then add a body lift. I would like some suggestions and all this is to add some more height and fit some 35s on, im currently running 285s.
  9. JnBama

JnBama Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Would like to the rim width please, thinking maybe a lift in the future, good lookin truck:great:
  10. undertheradar

undertheradar Rockstar

It all depends on what look your going for. I have a 2" RC level kit and 2" rear blocks (3/4" lift) and it looks something close to Ajarmans truck. A 2.25 level kit is going to be slightly higher in the front. A 2" kit (without rear lift) will be completely level front and back, BUT if you add any weight to it the rear will sag and you will be higher in the front. Which was my problem so I added the 3/4" in the rear. I wish I would have bought the 1.5" to achieve the same look and still be able to fit 285's

Attached Files: