1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Leveling kit for 2009 Silverado

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by 2009silverado, Dec 1, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. 2009silverado

2009silverado New Member

I need some incite here guys. First and foremost. I am brand new to this forum so I would like to say hello to everyone and thanks for having me in this club of GM Truck owners. Ok, MY question is I want to get a leveling kit for my new 2009 silverado crew cab in the front. It has the 20" wheels already from factory. I have found a kit I am interested in and did a few measurements and it seems a 2" LEVELING LIFT KIT would work.The Spacers are bolted down in the middle between the top of the strut and the upper coil bucket. I just wanted to know if 2" is enough or should I go 1.5" or maybe 2.5" I don't want to go to little or to much. If anyone has any incite on this or has done it to there let me know. Maybe yall know if there is a better kit or so on...I appreciate everything.
  2. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!:glasses: I know that there are some members that have them. Hope you find what you are looking foe soon. Glad to have you here!
  3. 2009silverado

2009silverado New Member

Thanks Eddie....This is something on ebay I found of interest. Maybe someone can tell me if this is the best route to go for this leveling of the front end....AND BTW. Hopefully this doesn't void my warranty...LOL
  4. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

No a leveling kit won't void your warranty. I have a 08 silverado 4x4 and put a 2.25 inch leveling kit from readylift on it and love it. Readylift makes a quality product.
  5. 2009silverado

2009silverado New Member

Well now I just have to figure out do I use a 1.5", 2", or a 2.5" BILLET aluminum spacer for this lift...
  6. 2009silverado

2009silverado New Member

The back is exactly 2" taller then the front so I assume that the 2" level kit would be suffice....
  7. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Kinda depends on what you want to do. I personally wouldn't do any kit under 2 inches. If you want to throw some bigger tires on the truck i would get the 2.5 inch kit. Who makes the 2.5 inch kit cause when i was looking for mine the biggest i found was 2.25 inch?
  8. CS-10 86

CS-10 86 New Member

Welcome to the site. I have an 09 Z71 crew cab and i used the 1.5" by Readylift and love it. The front sits about .5" lower then in the rear, the .5" is hardly noticeable. But you can definitely notice it has the leveling kit. Good luck on your selection and i have photos on my profile if you want to check them out.
  9. 2009silverado

2009silverado New Member

Thanks CS-10 86, That 1.5 looks great on there for the leveling kit. Did you go with the billet aluminum spacer or the autospring type. I think I will go with the 2" though. Thanks sir. Very helpful and very nice truck you have...
  10. duck44

duck44 New Member