1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Leveling kit for 2009 Silverado

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by 2009silverado, Dec 1, 2009.

1. 2009silverado

2009silverado Rockstar

Well guy's. I am about to buy my 2" leveling kit but I can't decide which to get. The Billet Aluminum or the Polyurethane ones. I know the Polyurethane gives a little and probably doesn't make as much noise as the Aluminum. But then again this is my first time installing a leveling kit and I'm just not sure....Help me on my decision.
  2. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I myself would go with the billet
  3. CS-10 86

CS-10 86 Member

Billet. Consider how long you will have your truck, and what you may or may not use it for. Polyurethane will over time collapse. The 1.5" Readylift I have is a billet spacer over the shock assembly.
  4. deepstuff

deepstuff Rockstar

I live where they put salt on the roads in the winter so I worry that corrosion may be an issue with aluminum spacers and that I'd be better off with the Polyurethane? Any opinions?
  5. BigZ

BigZ New Member

I'm putting a ReadyLift 2.5 leveling kit on my '09 Silverado quad cab 4x4. I am currently running the stock 20inch 55 series tires, and am planning on putting on a new 60 series. Any advice on running the 60 series or maybe 65? Do I also gain a little lift from the taller sidewall? I don't need a super aggressive tire, I'm mostly on pavement, not a lot of off road. Any suggestions on tires?