Leveling kit for 2009 Silverado

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by 2009silverado, Dec 1, 2009.

1. 2009silverado

2009silverado Rockstar

Well guy's. I am about to buy my 2" leveling kit but I can't decide which to get. The Billet Aluminum or the Polyurethane ones. I know the Polyurethane gives a little and probably doesn't make as much noise as the Aluminum. But then again this is my first time installing a leveling kit and I'm just not sure....Help me on my decision.

2. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I myself would go with the billet

3. CS-10 86

CS-10 86 Member

Billet. Consider how long you will have your truck, and what you may or may not use it for. Polyurethane will over time collapse. The 1.5" Readylift I have is a billet spacer over the shock assembly.

4. deepstuff

deepstuff Rockstar

I live where they put salt on the roads in the winter so I worry that corrosion may be an issue with aluminum spacers and that I'd be better off with the Polyurethane? Any opinions?

5. BigZ

BigZ New Member

I'm putting a ReadyLift 2.5 leveling kit on my '09 Silverado quad cab 4x4. I am currently running the stock 20inch 55 series tires, and am planning on putting on a new 60 series. Any advice on running the 60 series or maybe 65? Do I also gain a little lift from the taller sidewall? I don't need a super aggressive tire, I'm mostly on pavement, not a lot of off road. Any suggestions on tires?