1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Leveling kit front and H2 springs rear?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Chevy02Burban, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Chevy02Burban

Chevy02Burban New Member

Hello All
    I have been doing my research regarding lifting my truck approx 2" and I am thinkng of doing a front leveling kit (key replacement) and the rear H2 coil springs, seems that both will produce approx 2" of lift so I was wondering if anyone has done this set up and if so what were the results. Pics would be great as well.
    thanks
  2. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Keys will for sure but i have not heard any results from the H2 springs.
  3. Chevy02Burban

Chevy02Burban New Member

I was reading a post today where a member did install the h2's in the rear and it raised his truck 1.5 to 2" so I guess it should work ok with the keys.
  4. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

i have never heard of the H2 springs either, but if you read up on it than it sounds like a solid plan. do it up!!
  5. Chevy02Burban

Chevy02Burban New Member

6. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy New Member

i'm planning on lifting my truck 2" as well. i found that tough country makes a 2" lift kit. for my truck, it comes with 2" leveling keys and 2" AAL's. it costs $170. getting H2 springs might cost a bit, and then the additional leveling keys. you may want to look at this tough country kit.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2009
  7. mjalstad

mjalstad New Member

So you would replace your leaf springs with coil springs?

I think I would just do an add-a-leaf in the rear to add 2"
  8. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

he has coil springs in the rear, not leaf springs, so that kit wont work.
  9. Chevy02Burban

Chevy02Burban New Member

I looked at the tough country kit but I am opting forthe new H2 rear coils this way I am getting more bang for the buck,
    1. new springs to replace my 100K mile stockers.
    2. A much more Heavy duty spring that will help when I tow my camaro to the track
    3' Will gain 2" lift over stock height when not towing.
  10. mjalstad

mjalstad New Member

Whoops, I never knew that Suburbans had coil springs.