1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Leveling kit opinions and experience....

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by lm7rado, Mar 5, 2013.

1. lm7rado

lm7rado New Member

I'm installing my full leveling kit tomorrow!
  2. j cat

j cat Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

just wondering if you ever adjusted the torsion bars for proper height using the OEM procedure "Z" measurement .

I did my hieght adjustment when the truck had 2000 miles on it . the front end dropped. 138,ooomile still the same . the Z measurement is the proper height for OEM . this insures the CV / U joints are straight and will last a very long time .
  3. lm7rado

lm7rado New Member

I've never done adjustments on torsion bars. I have a buddy that owns a 4x4 shop and he is letting me use the shop and is going to help install the kit.

- - - Updated - - -

I just asked my buddy about it, and he said that he knows how to do the "z" measurement. So while the truck is on the lift I will let him handle that part while I do the rear blocks and shocks. Thanks for the info J cat!
  4. Morpheus

Morpheus New Member

Where are the pics at man??
  5. TJ9924

TJ9924 New Member

I just put a leveling/lift kit on my 2013 - 3" in front and 1" in back. Only took a couple hours to install and the ride does not seem to have changed. Here is a before and after:
    Silverado06.jpg Silverado05.jpg