leveling kit pics

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by black98noma, Mar 3, 2009.

1. black98noma

black98noma Rockstar

got the new leveling kit in, the pics are in the album on my profile.. only one prob with the install, i couldnt get the t-bars to slide foward so i ended up taking off the crossmember and doing it like that..:sign0020: ill put some better after pics up later!!!

2. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Looks great man! :great:

3. black98noma

black98noma Rockstar

thank you!!

4. mjalstad

mjalstad Rockstar 100 Posts

Was it hard to take off the crossmember? I am in the process of installing my kit, I have the rear AALs in, but I got stuck yesterday when I couldn't get the torsion bars to slide forward.

5. black98noma

black98noma Rockstar

not hard at all... on my sonoma, i took out the bolts that go through the frame. (on my truck i only had one bolt per side, but on full size trucks ii think there r 2 per side) BE CAREFUL NOT TO DROP THE BOLTS ON THE FRAME!!! IF U DO U WILL BE UP A CERITAN CREEK WITHOUT A DEVICE TO PROPEL YOU!! if ya no what i mean!! but ya like i said it very easy!! good luck!! take some pics and post em!!

6. mjalstad

mjalstad Rockstar 100 Posts

Taking off the crossmember didn't work on my truck, The transfer case was in the way of lifting it up enough to remove it without taking the bars out. I ended up using my puller horizontally on the crossmember and popped the bars right out of the keys. I wish I had thought of it sooner.

7. brownpridex111

brownpridex111 Rockstar 100 Posts

truck looks nice and good thing that u did the work!!

8. black98noma

black98noma Rockstar

well sorry it didnt work out for you... good thinkin with the puller... ill have to remember that!!!

9. black98noma

black98noma Rockstar

thanks man... for an install that easy, it was just stupid to pay someoneto do it! lol kile i said ill put better pics up once i can get a free minute to give her a good scrubbin' :party:

10. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Lookin' good man!