1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Leveling Kit Pros V.S Cons.

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by 510chevyboi, Apr 12, 2011.

1. 510chevyboi

510chevyboi New Member

Hello i am new to this forum and i have a 2007 1500 NNBS. i see a lot of talk of leveling kits and i would like some info. Do they have any effect the suspension? How much do they cost? What are the pros? what are the cons? Thank you.
  2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member 1000 Posts

The NNBS trucks use a spacer on the struts to level out the front suspension. It will have minimal if any affect on ride quality and wear of front end suspension parts. Leveling kits can vary in cost from $100 to $250.
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I like the ReadyLift spacer kit or the Bilstein adjustable leveling shock/strut. If your truck has the original front shocks than the Bilstein would be the way to go because you get a leveling kit and shock all in one. Then you can buy the rear Bilstein shock later.
  4. jbjohnson92f

jbjohnson92f New Member

there also is Rancho Quicklift struts, they are the same as the bilsteins
  5. ajarman

ajarman New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Pros....Bigger tires, no rake and much less expensive than a lift kit. I went with ReadyLift 2.25" and I love it.
  6. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 New Member 1000 Posts

Pros:
    -Bigger tires (33")
    -Leveled look to your truck (instead of factory forward lean or rake)
    -Cheaper than most alternatives
    -Relatively easy to install
    -Cheap to have installed (if you chose to have someone else do the work)
    -Most kits come with a lifetime warranty (CCM, ReadyLift, etc.)
    -Very minimal effect on ride quality

Cons:
    -......... Hmm.........
    -It will cause you to desperately desire new (and pricey) tires.
  7. ajarman

ajarman New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Ain't that the truth!
  8. 510chevyboi

510chevyboi New Member

hahaha thanks a lot guys!
  9. detailjohn

detailjohn New Member

Rcs

I'm going with RoughCountry Leveling Kit has front keys, rear blocks and shocks all the way around 440.00 installed...:glasses:
  10. 1500ExtChevy

1500ExtChevy New Member

Indeed shortly after I had my leveling kit on. I had found a set of 4 Firestone Destination MT's on craigslist with 8,000 miles on them and $400 later on my way home. For $900 this past winter I got 5 - 31" Dunlop Mud Rovers, 4 - 33" Firestone MT's and 5 - 17" Pro Comp wheels. All thanks to ideal finds on craigslist.