1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

leveling kit question.

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by dshewy14, Jul 21, 2009.

1. dshewy14

dshewy14 New Member

I have a 03 silverado z71, and im bout to buy a leveling kit for it and i was just woundering if anyone could tell me what i gota do to install it,and how complicated it is. thanks
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

leveling kit question

You will need a torsen bar key compression tool (buy,rent or borrow) to loosen keys, jack and jackstands. Use the tool to compress keys and loosen the adjusting bolts to take load off the keys, slide the t/bars forward until stock keys come out and slide need keys in and reverse these steps. Adjust bars as need, go drive a few miles and adjust bars again if needed. I would measure the front of the truck before you start so you know how much you gained in lift.
  3. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado New Member 1000 Posts

is it 2wd or 4wd?
  4. Custom04Chevy

Custom04Chevy New Member

Pardon my ignorance on this subject, I'm still pretty new to the truck scene. Aren't all z71's 4x4? If not, what signifies the Z71 badging?
  5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

leveling kit question

I think back in 05 Chevy started making the Z-71 both 2&4wd. Up until then they were all 4x4s.
  6. dshewy14

dshewy14 New Member

thanks for the info sil, and yes my truck is 4wd and as far as i know every z71 ive ever been in is 4wd but not 100% on that
  7. grimreapersshadow

grimreapersshadow New Member

not all Z's are created equal cant tell ya how many times ive seen em with the stickers and badges but once you look under em its a 2wd and ive seen dealers put the stickers on just to get it off the lot
  8. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado New Member 1000 Posts

their are 2wd z71, all it is is a suspension package, i could have gotten mine as a z71
  9. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 New Member 1000 Posts

the Z71 option now-a-days is a suspension and interior upgrade. If you have the Z-71 4x4 sticker, then u have 4WD...