1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Leveling Kit Questions

Discussion in 'Lowered & Urban Suspension' started by Joe Caporaletti, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Joe Caporaletti

Joe Caporaletti New Member

Hello all I'm new to the site and I have some questions about a leveling kit for my 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 LT. I recently got new wheels and a more aggressive tire and with the stock suspension when the steering wheel is cut all the way to ether side the wheel rubs a little on the inside of the fender. Its a 17'' wheel and the tire size is LT285/70R17. There is only a small amount of rubbing so I think a leveling kit will solve my problem. After doing some research I have some questions and I don't really know where to start. First, I found that there are different kits (some 2'' some 2.25'' and so on). Witch would be the best for both looks and the most practical? Also, where would be the best place to buy a kit?
    Any comments would be much appreciated.
    Thank you all for your time and by safe.

Joe Caporaletti
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

***THREAD MOVED***
    To The
    LOWERED/URBAN SUSPENSION SECTION

3. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Many have the Ready Lift kit. If you search through the thread that has pics of leveled trucks you will see many of the kits in use. I believe Autoanything.com sells them. They are a vendor on the site.
  4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

i have a ready lift 2.25 kit in my truck, works great!

Alex
  5. Joe Caporaletti

Joe Caporaletti New Member

awesome that's what I ordered after talking to a buddy of mine thanks for your help

Joe